Market structure

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
There are two point to keep in mind as I want want to explain.

First, a market structure is a model,a simplification of reality. If any industries fit neatly in to one market structure or another. Economists use the four models to describe how firms might behave under certain conditions.
They can then modify the models to improve their understanding of how firms behave in real life

Second, the fact that the term competition is present in the name of only two of the models does not mean that competition occurs only in conditions of perfect competition and monopolistic competition.

Thirdly, Competition is pervasive .

Fourth, It occurs in all market structures and in all economic systems.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You're right, markets acts like a model to any business enterprise. We need to structure our business to match customers and market demand. Always make our brand an eye catching one that will entice buyers and make faster sales. A business without market structure have no business model it is operating on.

Haypril

I guess I have little or nothing to contribute to this topic. Rather I will just drag a chair, a book and a pen to learn and gain knowledge from people's points. However, I think every business has it own structure. Please I will be grateful if you shed more light to the topic at hand. I really want to learn. Thanks.

Georgeadawara

Marketeting structure is base on the plane that you have at the initial stage the way you plan . Structure for a business plan is like to prepare for the activities that will take place thery. The activities and how to handle them how to take care of each part the business. What will the business focus on how will the business grow farster what to do that will attract customers and many of w.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There can't be any market structure or model without competition because a particular thing can't be sold by just one person so there must be a competition. It is here that one will bring uniqueness into the business to make it outstanding for customers to keep coming back and business will book bettet

Dora Wi

Like you say, market structure is only a model but it is still a useful tool to see how a business fits into its environment. To the topic of competition, the three categories outside of pure competition are referred to as imperfect competition - as there is competition, just not with the same circumstances.

Setho

VIP Contributor
When you're talking about market structure actually talking about how a business is being built up and how somebody can be able to classify it. This is why a lot of investors and potential investors normally do this type of analysis in order to know whether the business is going to progress in the future or not.