Marketing your business around students area

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Good morning everyone.... In this article I want to share my ideas on how to promote your business in a student environment... Firstly it's no news that there are a lot of competition around anywhere students are gathered, a lot of people from different places with different needs that business wise people wants to provide for them in exchange of money that sometimes might be expensive than the commodity ... So for your own business to do well let's discuss this points...

1. Rebranding: Yes, for your business to grow and flourish it must be rebranded.... It must not be just a salon or just a laundry place... There must be this thing that will make it positively different from other business of that same spec... Maybe the fact that after washing people's clothes you spray it with vanilla perfume or the fact that you give people complimentary hair cut... Just try something different from others

2. Know the right people: Well what can I say... I'm not sure everyone with accept this fact but from personal experience if you wanna run a successful business in a student area then know the right people... Be friend with some of the student government officials... The big boys and girls... They might come in handy...

3. Sponsor school show: Try this out too... Try and sponsor some of the school shows organised for the students. Fresher's night, FYB week, cultural day and likes... I hope you get me. This point goes along with knowing the right people... Shows like this will help advertise your business without much stress.

4. Do giveaway: I don't need to emphasize much on this point... A guy at my school gave people free 1kg of gas during the pandemic... Everybody loves free thing but there is a way you will do your own giveaway that will make it different... You might tie it with any customer that buy the largest of any of your commodity.

5. Organise low budget beauty pageant, football matches between populous and popular hostels, organise competitions between departments, but while doing this make sure you are doing them on a low budget so it will not affect your finances.

6. And lastly make soveneir and share anytime time permits you... Make Tee- shirts, wristbands, brochure, face cap, bottle water, food warmer... Give the Tee shirt to your friends... Let them wear inside the school... Always put on something that speak of your business and use it as giveaway sometimes.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Nice insight you have highlighted there. The students environment is one very profitable area where business owners tend to make a lot of money, but only a few of them understand the tricks of keeping their customers.
I like the idea of the giveaway you talked about. Things like that open doors for enough patronage that would make you to even recover the money you gave out at the course of the giveaway.
Talking about branding, it is also very important. Business owners sure have to present themselves as being unique and make their business area attractive so as to draw the attention of buyers which are mostly students.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Marketing business around student area is very good if it was well plan.
Student area is very good to sell some goods like food stuff and some things like stationeries.
If one can also sell fast food because there are some student that don't even know how to cook but have money to buy food. One can quickly make good use of that in student environment.

Briangsam

This is so brilliant. Businesses around student areas or student communities will do so well if properly managed and ran. The rebranding part of the points stated is actually very key. Students love people who are kept abreast of the trending styles. They also love giveaways.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The points is you highlighted here are valid and of course if taken seriously can go a long way in making a successful business. like I have always told people that making money from students is a kind of easy if only you know the right methods and strategies to use. Organizing giveaways and school shows will go a long way in taking your business to a higher level in a student environment.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Marketing your business around student area is one of the best way to make more money, in order to make more money or to market your product around student area you must not these tips; you must get all the exercise books and text books that will be needed from the students, pencil, eraser and educational tools.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree with the sponsorship because your business will be known and probably appreciated by the students. When I was in grade school there was a small eatery in front of our school which donates snack food during school parties. We considered that eatery a part of our school and until now I would say it was a part of our childhood. Yeah, it was patronized by the students.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I think that you have given a very valuable insights about this and I'm very well inclined to agree with you. If you are going to be selling things like consumer Staples or open a recreational area it is very well going to sell around students environments because these environments are normally very well populated.