Trading Discussion Metatrader 4, metatrader 5 or Webtrader, which one do you prefer?

Razor1911

The forex brokers usually provide three types of trading accounts. Meta trader 4 or shortly MT4, Meta trader 5 or MT5 and webtrader. All these platfroms have different advantages and disadvantages for trading. There are also other platfroms available too, but these threeare the most widely used platfroms.

Meta trader is the most popular among all. It has two 4 versions, mainly windows, MacOs, Andoid and iOS. The main reason for it being most preferred is the interactive features. The platform is very convenient to use, and even a new trader also can trade in here.

Metatrader 5 is more less the same as MT4. Though the MT5 is latest one, still you will need higher margin to trade here. The slippage of trade is minimum here.

The last one is the webtrader. You don't need to download any software for this. You can very well login from your browser and trade. That is the main advantage of it.

As a trader which type of platfrom you prefer to trade with and why? Please share.

Wiserr

Nice write-up, I must say I like this your write up, I'm also a forex trader for me I prefer mt5 that's the meta trader 5, I love it because it has lots of advantages that mt4 doesn't have, as you said earlier they both have their advantage and disadvantage, mt4 is kinda different ,I don't know if this only happens to me but my chat's on mt4 doesn't use to show it's real colour it use to be showing black and white, this also the reason why I dislike mt4 bit it's a good trading app, that's all I can say.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I have used both meta4 and meta 5, and I must say they are both equally very good trading platforms and they are very advance and at the same time they are very flexible to use, when I first started trading I started out with meta4, and it was from meta4 alpari, that i started understanding the rudiments of forex trading, honestly it was so much fun, the major challenge was that I never had enough asset when in was going into forex trading and my experience then was not much, so it was as if I was just using the money I invested then to learn how the trade truly works. Although to be candid I was misinformed about the way the system really works initially by the person who introduced the forex market to me by telling I could become a million within a month irrespective of what ever I invested in the market. So I went in with a very high hope of making a fortune out of the market. Infact at that time there were only a very few places that one can learn on how to trade in such markets. But all the same I prefer meta4 and meta5.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't really have much idea about that ones but I only know of metatrader 4 and that is what I have been using to learn forex trading with a demo account. I think that is really much more better because I can really understand everything on the metatrader 4 but the only problem I have is that I don't really know how to trade it perfectly , so I am not likely to generate enough profit or make enough money from my trading.

There are so many things I still have to learn concerning trading of a volatile market which obviously I will be able to do that as time goes on but for now there are so many things I have to concentrate on , I really have to learn and understand every earning opportunities online and how it works and how people can be able to make money with different earning opportunities.

I know it won't really be easy but it's something that can be learnt and understand through hard work and dedication and I know if I can be able to dedicate my time to learn and understand how most of them work I can choose the most suitable.

Revetment

Everyone in the market is choosing a platform that works for them. You must do exactly that. Take a few functionality tests and evaluate the information to see which you would love to trade with.

Shrubbery

A user-friendly interface is a must when it comes to choosing a trading platform. You must be comfortable in using your trading platform as you will have to learn using it in detail to trade professionally in the future.

CrozeGrog

The trading platform you choose to trade with should be able to make trading hassle-free for you. If it complicates your trading experience, it’s best to look for something else. You must be able to use at least 75% of the total features of your trading platform without any hassle.

Feeble

I am using Mt4 with AAAFx. It’s easy to use and has lots of tools for someone who heavily relies on technical indicators.

Torsade

Both MT4 and MT5 are good, provided which type of instruments are you trading. MT5 is an upgraded version of MT4, so it handles multiple instruments with ease, hence making it ideal for CFD trading.

brindagladden

Webtrader works best for me because I like trading on my computer for obvious reasons that it has a big screen so charts will be properly visible along with other details.