Mistakes in choosing a career

Today, a lot of people have made career mistakes that are very hard to correct now because of how old they are or how far they have already gone in such a mistake. Sometimes, this mistake comes by studying the wrong course in the university.

Many students choose courses because of the name, how big the course is, and even because their friends chose it. But is that right?

Why will you want to study what your friend is studying? Are you people the same? Do you have the same future?

A career is another journey of its own and you won't want to regret it half way, hence don't choose out of peer influence. Know what you want and get a mentor to guide you through.

cmoneyspinner

When I was young and just about to begin my career in accounting, I heard some advice from a motivational speaker. He said just because you decided on one career early in your life that does not mean that you are stuck with that career forever! Some people have changed careers many times.

The advice makes sense. You may have many talents or various skills. Each one of your talents or skills can be used to make a career choice. Some people are fortunate enough to choose a career path that they follow for the rest of their life. Other people are fortunate enoiugh to know how to successfully change their careers. The worst mistake anybody can make is to believe that the career they have chosen is the one they are stuck with!

Your Step-by-Step Guide to Choosing a Career

10 Steps to Changing Your Career