Money ain't the source of happiness! How true is this statement.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
People around me usually make the statement that money is not the source of happiness but sometimes I wonder how because if there is one feature or characteristic that we know about money it is the fact that it is used to satisfy the numerous human wants and needs of man and also it is used as a medium of acquiring assets and a medium of buying properties that we desire or want so what then is classified as a greater happiness than that . After a proper thinking about this I did my own research and I came to find out why people keep saying that money is not the source of happiness . First of all we need to understand that there are two type of happiness which is temporary happiness and permanent happiness . Now if I ask you as an individual what kind of happiness will you go for I'm pretty sure that you will say permanent happiness or in other words you want the kind of happiness that actually last forever permanently .

Money by itself , cannot give you permanent happiness even if you can use it to buy and purchase anything in life that you desire and want , but yet it can't give you permanent happiness . But if money can't give you permanent happiness what else could be the true source of permanent happiness , well according to the Bible and supported by the holy Quran your relationship with God is actually the true source of permanent happiness . In conclusion , money can no doubt make you happy , but the happiness that comes with money is only temporary but the happiness that comes with knowing God is permanent .

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
First of all I want to commend the way that you took your time to distinguish or explain the two types of happiness that we have which is temporary happiness and permanent happiness and you were right by saying that everyone will want a happiness that last forever which means permanent happiness and it is very true that money cannot give us permanent happiness but rather our relationship with God and our relationship with his son Jesus Christ through the Bible is actually the only source of permanent happiness . Like I always say money in this is a very valuable and needable tool by every individuals and it is advised for every individual to make money so as to be happy because you will be able to satisfy your wants and needs when you have money .

But it is advised to understand that the only happiness that comes with having money and spending it is temporary which means it doesn't last forever that is why not every single one of us is gonna take to be rich forever because sooner or later we could die and our riches will be handed over to someone else because our riches do not follow us to the land of the Dead but our relationship with God actually and only follows us to the land of the dead .

WATFORD

Valued Contributor
Today many people use their time to work and get enough money and they think that making enough money will bring happiness for them but to be sincere this is very wrong because money is not the source of happiness with this reason.

Having too much money means inviting hand rubber to your house which may lead to the loss of life and property so, where is the happiness of that your money, I don't see any happiness. .

This is a world that people sacrificed life to get more money sometimes this lead to madness or useless to the community.

Like one man I heard of this man do very well with his family but the love of money take him to yahoo plus and he was ask to kill the only father he have and he accepted so he try to kill his through spiritual but he did not work for him, now he is useless to the community.

So with this reason money is not the source of happiness.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That is what so many people are saying and I tend to believe that money may not actually be the real gateway to happiness in the sense that there are some things money cannot buy. If I am to mention some of the things money cannot buy, I can mention so many of them such as good wife, brilliant children, good health and so on. That's just a few.

Also at the same time , money can really help us to attend a certain level of comfort in life and that is what so many people are really interested on. That is why we are struggling to make money . If we can be able to make money obviously we may have opportunity to be comfortable in life because we will be able to afford whatever we need to make ourselves comfortable.

Money not being able to buy happiness does not really mean that we shouldn't forward to make money. Money is very important and it is expected that everyone has to look forward on how they can make money to make themselves comfortable because if we can be able to make money obviously we can decreased the rate of unhappiness in our life .

Mika

VIP Contributor
Let me ask one simple question to the OP. What do you think is the source of happiness if you don't beliebe in the Bible or Quran? I don't believe in God, so is there no chance for me to become truly happy? You need money for almost everything. You wouldn't have been born if your parents did not have money (yes, your parents spent a lot of money to give you birth, from money spent on medication to feeding your mother for the sake of baby's health); you wouldn't have survived if your parents did not have money to feed you in your childhood. You went to the best school and received the best education because your parents could afford your education. Or, if you did not have an opportunity to get a good education, it is because your parents could not afford it. You work hard because you see the prospect of earning money, if money would not have been involved, would you have worked as hard as you are working now? Money is a great motivation factor, it motivates us to do good. If you have money, you can donate to poor people and see a smile on their faces.

Rookery

Many people think money buys happiness. While it does satisfy materialistic needs, it does not fulfil the capacity at which we are programmed to function as humans. Sure, money can help you lead a comfortable, luxurious life, but what is the point of all that comfort when you don’t have someone to share it with? Love is the answer. Happiness cannot be bought, only felt.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I totally agree with you. I think money is not a source of permanent happiness. It is just a temporary thing that comes and goes. Today you may have so much money then be so broke the next day. If you depend only on money for your happiness, you will have very fluctuating feelings.

Another way that you will know that money is not the source of happiness is by looking at wealthy people. You will realize that many of them are not happy always. In fact, they face so many issues that makes them so unhappy. You would think that money can buy you all the happiness in the world, but you will be surprised to see rich people commit suicide.

The source of permanent happiness truly lies in having a relationship with a higher being like God or Allah. It gives you hope that you have someone who loves you unconditionally. That makes you even confident in yourself and love yourself too. That gives you so much peace such that you are happy even when you don't have much money.

Then another good source of happiness is when you have good health. When your body is just okay and your mind is working well, you will have some form of happiness and peace.

Many people around the world are of the opinion that financial success is directly proportional to levels of happiness. And while it's undoubtedly true that having more money might make our lives simpler, it's also undoubtedly true that money is not the source of pleasure. In point of fact, a recent study found that people who are wealthy actually report lower levels of happiness compared to those who are not wealthy.

This can be explained by a few different factors. To begin, when we have a lot of money, we tend to get lazy and content, and we cease putting in as much effort into our work. When we do this, we inevitably find that we fall short of the expectations we set for ourselves when we compare ourselves to others. Having a lot of money might give us a false sense of security, which in turn can lead to compulsive and risky behaviors. Second, having a lot of money might make one greedy. People who have a lot of money have a greater risk of succumbing to greed and wanting more and more. Because of this, they may resort to dishonest practices in order to increase their income, such as committing crimes or deceiving other people.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
People around me usually make the statement that money is not the source of happiness but sometimes I wonder how because if there is one feature or characteristic that we know about money it is the fact that it is used to satisfy the numerous human wants and needs of man and also it is used as a medium of acquiring assets and a medium of buying properties that we desire or want so what then is classified as a greater happiness than that . After a proper thinking about this I did my own research and I came to find out why people keep saying that money is not the source of happiness . First of all we need to understand that there are two type of happiness which is temporary happiness and permanent happiness . Now if I ask you as an individual what kind of happiness will you go for I'm pretty sure that you will say permanent happiness or in other words you want the kind of happiness that actually last forever permanently .

Money by itself , cannot give you permanent happiness even if you can use it to buy and purchase anything in life that you desire and want , but yet it can't give you permanent happiness . But if money can't give you permanent happiness what else could be the true source of permanent happiness , well according to the Bible and supported by the holy Quran your relationship with God is actually the true source of permanent happiness . In conclusion , money can no doubt make you happy , but the happiness that comes with money is only temporary but the happiness that comes with knowing God is permanent .
Hi everyone here! Your thread is very interesting. I fully agree with everything you mention in your post. It is true that money is significant in life. It is impossible to survive without money. You need money to cover your daily needs and your family's needs. Furthermore, money makes life easier and offers financial freedom and independence. When you have money, you can make dreams and plans for the future. You can go to the university of your choice and buy everything you need for yourself, your family and your friends. However, money is not the source of happiness. There are things in life that are far more important than money like health, love and peace.

Feeble

I respect your views and opinions. But have you ever thought you won’t even be able to think about the “real source of happiness” if you didn’t have any money to begin with? In simple words our source of happiness is based on what we lack at the moment. A person who lacks money to meet his basic needs won’t get any happiness until he/she gets enough money to satisfy their needs and wants. The people who say money can’t buy happiness are always blessed with more than enough money and it no longer brings them happiness. They are not lacking in financial well being anymore. So they start to worry about other things that they lack like relationships or spiritual stuff. This is like telling a hungry person that food cannot buy permanent happiness. You will be happy after eating for only some time. Once you digest the food the happiness will be gone and you will start feeling hungry again. But that does not make eating food pointless. Money is something that we need constantly in order to survive in this society. We can spare time for talking about philosophies after earning enough money only.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I also believe so because there are so many reasons why some people may not be happy in life and one of the reason is because they are not able to achieve what they need. It could be because they are not able to get their desired academic qualification or because they are not able to get their desired number of children and so many other things and sometimes it could be as a result of health challenge or family problems and responsibilities.

Even though money cannot totally buy happiness , it is still very important for us to try as much as possible to have money because with money all these burdens and responsibilities can be overcome especially those that needs money.

But a situation in which there are so many responsibilities and at the same time there is no money for you to take care of those that need money , then you will have a lot of burdens and more unhappiness.