Monster: Write and Get Paid

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Monster is a job search website that offers resources and job listings for a variety of jobs, including writing jobs. Writers can use Monster to search for writing jobs in their area or field of expertise, such as technical writing, creative writing, or content writing.

To apply for a writing job on Monster, writers must create a profile on the website and submit their application, which may include a resume, writing samples, and a cover letter. The pay rate for each job is listed in the job description and can vary widely depending on the employer and the specific job requirements.

In addition to job listings, Monster also offers a range of resources for job seekers, including resume writing tips, career advice, and information on job search strategies. Monster also has a feature called Monster Career Advice, which provides articles and resources on topics such as job searching, interviewing, and career development.

I don't like all these sites where I have to go and queue and bid for writing jobs. It makes me feel like things are not entirely in my control. That is why my long-term goal as a writer is to own a blog. Going to line up on them sites to get hired is just a waste of time for me.

The other option is to approach any local publication around you that has an online platform. Offer to write five articles on their magazine free of charge, put in your best to create good articles for them. After 5 issues, they would contact you to continue and you can fix your pay with them. That's the strategyy I used to land a good contract with one magazine I own a column with. It is better than going to hawk yourself on some online platform hoping to be hired by someone.