Most Popular Programming Languages you should learn

Jasz

VIP Contributor
When it comes to programming languages, most of us are familiar with the most popular ones: Python, Java, C++ and many more. But there's a lot of other lesser known languages out there that you might be interested in learning.

Here are some of the most popular programming languages you should learn, in no particular order:

Pascal - Pascal is one of the oldest computer languages still used today (and it was developed specifically for writing compilers). It's a procedural language that uses sets and functions for its control flow. You can read more about Pascal.

JavaScript - JavaScript is a scripting language used by websites around the world to create dynamic and interactive web pages. With JavaScript you can create animations and interactivity on your website without doing any heavy lifting like server side scripting or even coding.

CoffeeScript - CoffeeScript is an extremely light weight implementation of the Ruby programming language that compiles directly into JavaScript. It has several features similar to Ruby but doesn't have any garbage collection or concurrency features like Ruby does.

Python : Python is an open source programming language that runs on most operating systems like Unix and Mac OS X. It is also used as a scripting language and can be combined with many other languages like Ruby, Perl etc..

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Python

Python is a high level programming language that is easy to learn and use. It has a large community of developers, which makes it a great choice for beginners. It's simple syntax makes it easier to read and write code that others can understand.

Ruby

Ruby is another popular option for learning programming. The syntax is similar to Python, but it offers some additional features like blocks and methods. Ruby also allows you to write more complex programs that are easier to follow.

PHP

PHP is a server-side scripting language used on websites, mobile apps and many other types of software applications. PHP uses HTML and CSS as its markup language, making it easy for web developers to create dynamic websites without writing any code themselves. PHP also has a large community of developers who make contributions to the open source community through projects like Laravel or CodeIgniter.

JavaScript

JavaScript, or JS as it's commonly known, is one of the most widely used languages in use today. It's often used in conjunction with HTML or CSS as a way to add interactivity on web pages by using events such as mouse clicks or keyboard input from users who are viewing the page.

JacobWatson

Exploring lesser-known programming languages is always an adventure! I remember diving into Python and JavaScript, feeling like I'd unearthed hidden treasures. Your list touches on some intriguing options, like Pascal and CoffeeScript. I stumbled upon a blog on Is Software Engineering Hard? You can choose! - Trivial Solutions that explores the question, "Is software engineering hard?" It's a gem, offering insights into the complexities of the field while keeping things relatable.

Activator230822

Verified member
It's my great passion towards the knowledge for the basic programming skills on the web. Ever since l grew up the interest in the lnformation technology has been flashing on my mind.
However as l was growing up, my parents had wished me to be a teacher on the elementary school.
I therefore rejected their offer and l jumped into the employment sector as soon as l finished the high school.
l hustled on my own and managed to start the I T course. I have the passion for it and l am sure that l would complete that no matter the time.