Dogecoin Musk may accept Dogecoin for Tesla cars

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Tesla boss and self claimed Dogecoin CEO Elon Musk on May 11 tweeted a Poll, it said "Do you want Tesla to accept Doge?" and 78.2% voted "Yes".

Another leap but different coin - This tweet helped a similar crypto "Shina Inu" to increase value; however the plan is for Dogecoin only which however did not increase this time much, but big traders were able to get profit.

Wall Street opposition - Supporters of Wall Street do target Musk and reminded about Bitcoin, which Musk recently rejected for Tesla, even through Musk supported Bitcoin in the past.

Other Crypto supporters divided in behave - Supporters of Other cryptocurrencies were tweeting their own tune, some were requesting to accept those cryptos too, some were giving out suggestions for acceptance of their crypto and some were showing snaps that their crypto was doing better than Doge, some even insulted Musk for not supporting their coin.

Musk is known Doge supporter, so there are more chances that he will accept Dogecoin.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
ok I understand what you're trying to say he may not be in full control over dogecoin but he has a certain percentage of dogecoin coin that if he sells out like he did in bitcoins there is a possibility that the marketing system of dogecoin may collapse,we just need to be careful in the type of investment we do that is all.
This is the story of all coins, even BTC and BND have Whales. But that is not something we should be afraid of, it is just Musk's decision to start selling his car for dogecoin, if this is accepted, then this would bring revolution in crypto world, for sure, most industrialists will start accepting their favourite crypto for their products.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
He has not yet except dogecoin as the official payments for the Tesla car because according to him he said that cryptocurrency cannot be accepted for payment because of environmental reasons, if he has accepted doge coin the price of dogecoin could have shoot up, but is not going off as at now.
He never rejected cryptocurrency, it is other people who said, he just started poll to decide it.

Well, Tesla has removed the option of paying with Bitcoin for buying their products or services and one of the reasons why they took that decision was because of the high bitcoin fees and high energy required to mine bitcoins. They said they will look into another coin that's more suitable for them and dogecoin could be the perfect choice for them since it doesn't consume any energy for mining, and the fees for using dogecoin are really low compared to bitcoin or other coins.
This is one main reason, however even I never mined dogecoin, otherwise I could be buying Tesla.

This is the second time I do hear this news but I haven't confirmed yet. But I think Musk even took a longer time to adopt doge. The coins should have been adopted since. It amazed me that Elon Musk accepted bitcoins as payment early March and left doge that he supported in February. I will be happier if the news is true.
The Poll was made by Musk himself, his last tweet is also about Doge.

I have read about the Doge coin that is an original of Elon Musk. It makes me wonder why Musk had bought a big chunk of Bitcoin when he should be promoting his Doge coin. Anyway, the Doge has its heyday but now the price is sinking slowly. With Musk, his Tesla Cars are having a problem with the orders that they cannot fulfill. The delivery is 6 months of waiting... and longer.
Dogecoin was not originally made by Musk, it is different and started as Joke.
This Tesla thing even I don't understand their manufacturer and Delivery.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have read about the Doge coin that is an original of Elon Musk. It makes me wonder why Musk had bought a big chunk of Bitcoin when he should be promoting his Doge coin. Anyway, the Doge has its heyday but now the price is sinking slowly. With Musk, his Tesla Cars are having a problem with the orders that they cannot fulfill. The delivery is 6 months of waiting... and longer.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is the second time I do hear this news but I haven't confirmed yet. But I think Musk even took a longer time to adopt doge. The coins should have been adopted since. It amazed me that Elon Musk accepted bitcoins as payment early March and left doge that he supported in February. I will be happier if the news is true.

Vladv26

Well, Tesla has removed the option of paying with Bitcoin for buying their products or services and one of the reasons why they took that decision was because of the high bitcoin fees and high energy required to mine bitcoins. They said they will look into another coin that's more suitable for them and dogecoin could be the perfect choice for them since it doesn't consume any energy for mining, and the fees for using dogecoin are really low compared to bitcoin or other coins.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is the story of all coins, even BTC and BND have Whales. But that is not something we should be afraid of, it is just Musk's decision to start selling his car for dogecoin, if this is accepted, then this would bring revolution in crypto world, for sure, most industrialists will start accepting their favourite crypto for their products.
He has not yet except dogecoin as the official payments for the Tesla car because according to him he said that cryptocurrency cannot be accepted for payment because of environmental reasons, if he has accepted doge coin the price of dogecoin could have shoot up, but is not going off as at now.

oneglob

One thing am sure Musk is a rich man with high reputation and imagination. so he will never let his dogecoin joke fade away. As long as Musk is alive the Dogecoin is alive. It is so funny how money is made. this Dogecoin inspired me create a painting named: money is a piece of joke. you can see it on Esty under the name "wonders360".

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I don't think he will do that anytime soon because I read it somewhere that Telsa has stopped all bitcoin payment for there car for reasons they never got to state well. The current crisis going on with crytocurrencies is a lot more political and I think they(the government) are trying to kill it at all cost.
Government cannot kill it, there is no known law in the world that can stop crypto, and due to the decentralised feature, the only possible way to stop it is, Market stops accepting it.
As for Tesla, it rejected Bitcoin on the environment ground, Musk himself clarified that; but he is fan of dogecoin, it might take time, but he is already doing more projects with Doge, so that might become real something.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I don't think he will do that anytime soon because I read it somewhere that Telsa has stopped all bitcoin payment for there car for reasons they never got to state well. The current crisis going on with crytocurrencies is a lot more political and I think they(the government) are trying to kill it at all cost.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
By mentioning "he is the one that is controlling the dogecoin" are you hinting at Musk?
No dear, Dogecoin is a decentralised cryptocurrency, read about dogecoin, Musk is neither a creator, nor a partner, he is just like others who have their own choice in cryptocurrency. Anyway this is not something to make dogecoin unofficial.
ok I understand what you're trying to say he may not be in full control over dogecoin but he has a certain percentage of dogecoin coin that if he sells out like he did in bitcoins there is a possibility that the marketing system of dogecoin may collapse,we just need to be careful in the type of investment we do that is all.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Well since he is the one that is controlling the dogecoin there is a possibility that it may happen but we as a crypto traders do not consider dogecoin coin as a long-term investment because there is a high possibility that what Elon musk has done to bitcoins might happened to dogecoin.
By mentioning "he is the one that is controlling the dogecoin" are you hinting at Musk?
No dear, Dogecoin is a decentralised cryptocurrency, read about dogecoin, Musk is neither a creator, nor a partner, he is just like others who have their own choice in cryptocurrency. Anyway this is not something to make dogecoin unofficial.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Sorry, but what is "official" cryptocurrency according to that view?

How come these are "official"?

Musk already rejected Bitcoin as a source to buy Tesla, and Ether is unpopular for transaction due to high gas fees. BNB is under Binance platform only.

That poll was created by the official account of Twitter - here official means his personal account which is used by him or his team, it is not a fan made or troll or fake (unofficial) account.
Well since he is the one that is controlling the dogecoin there is a possibility that it may happen but we as a crypto traders do not consider dogecoin coin as a long-term investment because there is a high possibility that what Elon musk has done to bitcoins might happened to dogecoin.

Adelmar

Tesla boss and self claimed Dogecoin CEO Elon Musk on May 11 tweeted a Poll, it said "Do you want Tesla to accept Doge?" and 78.2% voted "Yes".

Another leap but different coin - This tweet helped a similar crypto "Shina Inu" to increase value; however the plan is for Dogecoin only which however did not increase this time much, but big traders were able to get profit.

Wall Street opposition - Supporters of Wall Street do target Musk and reminded about Bitcoin, which Musk recently rejected for Tesla, even through Musk supported Bitcoin in the past.

Other Crypto supporters divided in behave - Supporters of Other cryptocurrencies were tweeting their own tune, some were requesting to accept those cryptos too, some were giving out suggestions for acceptance of their crypto and some were showing snaps that their crypto was doing better than Doge, some even insulted Musk for not supporting their coin.

Musk is known Doge supporter, so there are more chances that he will accept Dogecoin.
Hi, I think Musk is just speculating on the market :)

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Elon musk is of no doubt very influential in the cryptocurrency world. since he has created a bow on his official Twitter account telling people whether he should accept dogecoin as a payment for his Tesla cars, probably I think dogecoin has the capacity to rise very high even up to $1 before the end of this year. The coin is referred as a shitcoin by many people but it's now doing wonders.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The self claimed DOGE CEO Elon musk have really done enough to promote his dogecoin, i believe that dogecoin will rise more, now that he is accepting dogecoin for his Tesla motors. Now he has now turned his attention to promote SHIB INU in order to get it surge high, and be like dogecoin in the near future. He has really used his influence to promote this coins.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Dogecoin is not an an official cryptocurrency yet
Sorry, but what is "official" cryptocurrency according to that view?

if he has any intention of using cryptocurrency as a payment for Tesla car then it will either be bitcoin or any other official cryptocurrency like bnb and and ethereum.
How come these are "official"?

Musk already rejected Bitcoin as a source to buy Tesla, and Ether is unpopular for transaction due to high gas fees. BNB is under Binance platform only.

That poll was created by the official account of Twitter - here official means his personal account which is used by him or his team, it is not a fan made or troll or fake (unofficial) account.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Dogecoin is not an an official cryptocurrency yet and there's a possibility of rugpull, he may not be able to usef it, if he has any intention of using cryptocurrency as a payment for Tesla car then it will either be bitcoin or any other official cryptocurrency like bnb and and ethereum. Well we can't predict it that is just my suggestion.