My take on the efficacy of the covid virus vaccine

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic may be considered a smear against the vaccine but it is all based on my observation. When I was in grade school we were given a vaccine against chicken pox, cholera, measles and other dreaded diseases that includes vaccines for babies against diphtheria and other infant diseases. But the vaccine was given just once and it will last for a lifetime. If you have a vaccine against measles then you are already immune which means you will not be contaminated with measles anymore. That is the essence of the vaccine's efficacy.

With the covid vaccine, it makes me wonder why those vaccinated (twice) are still being contaminated. In fact, my wife was part of the statistics when she died of covid even if she was fully vaccinated. I feel that the health authorities are guessing on the precautions against the covid virus because they still lack the thorough studies on the ins and outs of preventing and treating covid patients. I have a vaccine but under the law I have to wear face mask and I have to observe social distancing. If I do not have a vaccine but I wear face mask and I observe social distancing then more likely I will be safe against the covid virus. That simply means to me that the vaccine is of no use to us.

E

eldavis

Truth be told I do not trust these vaccines yet. A statement was made one time, that taking the vaccine would not prevent you or keep you safe from not being infected with the virus, so what is the need for taking a vaccine then? What is it ment for it, If it does not protect you?

arunima25

Verified member
I am sorry to hear about your wife. There have been cases where fully vaccinated people have also succumbed to the ruthless virus. But most of these fully vaccinated death casea had some co-morbid situation. I am not sure about your wife.
Generally vaccines take years to develop. These covid vaccines were developed in record short time. And then the virus is also fast mutating one and it comes with new variants fast. Coping up with that is tough.
If we believe the data and statistics, it is shown that the vaccine does not prevent infection but does help in reducing the severity of the disease and mortality rate. Mortality rate with virus has definitely come down. And most of the death cases reported now are the ones who are not vaccinated. Even hospitalization has come down and mostly unvaccinated people are landing in the hospital.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
As far as I know Covid vaccines were created not to cure covid but to minimize the covid symptoms. The scientist are still unable to create covid vaccines that can completely cure covid patients just like other vaccines. Scientists studied vaccines for over 10 years before they were public introduced, that's why vaccines like polio vaccine, measles vaccine, etc. are 99 percent effective to cure the disease. However, covid vaccines were introduced in haste because the world needed it badly. Having vaccine does not mean, you are 100 percent safe, it just ensures that if you get Covid, chances of death is minimal.

arunima25

Verified member
They are still working on the vaccine development and better treatment methods. And as more and more data around the virus will be collected, more mysteries would come out. Scientists and doctors would have better understanding. One could not go ahead with the usual lengthy process of development of vaccine and it's testing as the world needed it badly. This virus is ruthless and has killed so many people and ruined so many lives. Life has come to a halt and economy has taken a deep nose dive. Something was needed badly as emergency. The vaccines have been proved to be safe and though they fail to provide vide a complete protection against the infection, they are definitely shown to minimise the severity of the symptoms and reduce hospitalization and mortality. That itself is a boost in the current situation. And hopefully we will have better vaccines and more effective treatments in the future. The virus is not going anywhere. We have to learn to live with it.