Crypto Nigerian governments set to adopt cryptocurrency

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
As per the news I read, Nigerian govt has decided this because citizens are still loving crypto, and opposition is trying to milk the vote. But I don't find Nigeria having any plan to do any crypto requirements like hiring, it is like govt is giving assurance fbut doing nothing.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Let us see what happens if the news becomes a present tense or past tense. I know that fans of crypto coin love to speculate but my take on news like that is to just wait and see. Maybe we just have to take note that crypto coin is not the same as the digital currency. We should be clear on that to avoid any confusion in the comparison.

Destinyfejiro

The Nigerian government is set to repent from the stance action against cryptocurrency transaction in the country. The spokesperson of the central bank cited that the Nigerian central bank is set to join the central bank digital currency (CBDC) project ongoing in the world.

The CBDC is said to employ the blockchain technology which makes it possess the attributes of cryptocurrency . Early this year, the government of Nigeria banned cryptocurrency activities in the country . The government says, it is used as an instrument for money laundering, terrorism sponsorship, buying unlawful harms and sponsoring insurgency

The financial financial institutions pioneer the cause of the cryptocurrency outlaw by the government. There are so many countries planning to join the CBDC development projects. Some of them are Ghana Japan, Vietnam etc.

Do you think that Nigeria central bank is in the right direction?
I saw this news and I think it would be implemented by September or October , though I hope this means the ban on crypto currency would get eradicated . I just hope that at the end the government are able to make good decisions.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Have own crypto and ban others, this idea was developed by RBI in India, China stole it; but Indian government is still awaiting. Nigeria too cannot go too fast, if it does, it cannot ban people to do business if they use other currencies. Govt cannot demonetize a decentralized currency.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Am not sure if the Central bank are supporting crypto currency , because creating a digital currency might be movement towards following the path of China , since after creating the digital currency then they would now start taking the move for crypto ban , which is really bad to traders

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This is halfway like China, the Chinese govt banned all private and decentralized grupos to force it's own centralized crypto accepted., However, China succeed only because there was nither opposition, nor any fear of losing votes., While in Nigeria, govt also have to deal with opposition and any possible loss of votes from its support.
China is known for its draconian law which can brutely forces its law on the people without alternative ways. However, In Nigeria, the ban is not as powerful as it portraits. People are still allowed to use P2P trade to carry out, any crypto trade they wants to do. And crypto being a political oppositional weaponised thing, I don't think it has gotten to that level here,.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Nigerian government knows what they are doing, they are trying to be tricky by diverting crypto enthusiasts attention in the country from contemporary decentralized digital currencies to their own digital currency.
This is halfway like China, the Chinese govt banned all private and decentralized grupos to force it's own centralized crypto accepted., However, China succeed only because there was nither opposition, nor any fear of losing votes., While in Nigeria, govt also have to deal with opposition and any possible loss of votes from its support.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Like someone have said up here, it does not mean that they will adapt cryptocurrency because it is highly decentralized. This particular one they are talking about we will be centralised and of course controlled by the government and Central Bank. But I hope one day the ban on cryptocurrency will be lifted.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
As per the news I read, Nigerian govt has decided this because citizens are still loving crypto, and opposition is trying to milk the vote. But I don't find Nigeria having any plan to do any crypto requirements like hiring, it is like govt is giving assurance fbut doing nothing.
It's not exactly cryptocurrencies but centralized digital currencies, i think that's different from the decentralized ones. And the Nigerian government knows what they are doing, they are trying to be tricky by diverting crypto enthusiasts attention in the country from contemporary decentralized digital currencies to their own digital currency.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The Nigerian government is set to repent from the stance action against cryptocurrency transaction in the country. The spokesperson of the central bank cited that the Nigerian central bank is set to join the central bank digital currency (CBDC) project ongoing in the world.

The CBDC is said to employ the blockchain technology which makes it possess the attributes of cryptocurrency . Early this year, the government of Nigeria banned cryptocurrency activities in the country . The government says, it is used as an instrument for money laundering, terrorism sponsorship, buying unlawful harms and sponsoring insurgency

The financial financial institutions pioneer the cause of the cryptocurrency outlaw by the government. There are so many countries planning to join the CBDC development projects. Some of them are Ghana Japan, Vietnam etc.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Nigeria is one of the top three countries that are considering adopting cryptocurrencybsfter Tanzania and South Africa. The fact is that this is not a welcome development among Nigerian crypto users. We all know how dubious this current government can be and I don't think the government can be trusted on this because they will like to centralized the market.
You are very right bro... Nigerian government is very dubious and can be funny at times. I believe the implementation of this there new central digital currency is just to favour the rich people in the country, after the launching you will see that nothing is going to benefit an ordinary man with their digital currency but I believe this may have the way for the acceptance of Bitcoin in the country.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Nigeria is one of the top three countries that are considering adopting cryptocurrencybsfter Tanzania and South Africa. The fact is that this is not a welcome development among Nigerian crypto users. We all know how dubious this current government can be and I don't think the government can be trusted on this because they will like to centralized the market.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Nigeria government stace on planning to adopt centralized Digital currency does not mean it's going to lift the ban on decentralized digital cryptocurrencies. The whole news connotes that it's going to launch its own centralized digital currency,(CBDC) which I read somewhere that it's going to be launched in October. And I think most crypto enthusiasts in the country wants their digital currency.
If the government truly wanted to adopt the CBDC as it done by china. Then, it's going to employ the blockchain technology for it design. You and I know how corny Nigeria government could be. The digital currency as always been used on the banks mobile apps and if their plan is to continue by just re-branding , then it's not different from what we used to know.

This is a positive news, but it is still not clear if Nigerian govt will accept decentralized cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum etc, or just ban them like what happened in China. Central bank launched crypto will have its own blockchain or will be launched in another smart technology?
In India, govt is still deciding a proper way.
There are speculations that the central bank of Nigeria will not use the blockchain technology for the design of its digital currency. If that's the case, then it's more or less like what we always see on the banking mobile applications. The china central bank adopted the current technology in the cryptocurrency space to create its digital currency and I believe other countries will follow suit.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor

I hope this will come to the limelight because i had been hearing about this for some weeks now. Nigeria government can not just do something without seeing any benefit there. The banning of using Paypal in our country should be first released and let people transact freely first.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
This is a positive news, but it is still not clear if Nigerian govt will accept decentralized cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum etc, or just ban them like what happened in China. Central bank launched crypto will have its own blockchain or will be launched in another smart technology?
In India, govt is still deciding a proper way.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Nigeria government stace on planning to adopt centralized Digital currency does not mean it's going to lift the ban on decentralized digital cryptocurrencies. The whole news connotes that it's going to launch its own centralized digital currency,(CBDC) which I read somewhere that it's going to be launched in October. And I think most crypto enthusiasts in the country wants their digital currency.