No more dine in space in restaurant to save on rent

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Some small restaurants here have closed their dining area and are operating only for pick up and take out orders. They pay lesser rent that way because the dine-in area is not used and there is a blockade (purportedly by the owner).

IMG_8159 comida.JPG
I think that is a good idea because most of the fast food outlets are operating by delivery and dining in is not lucrative anymore. Building owners have agreed to lesser rent in consideration of the pandemic situation that covid protocols have made it difficult for restaurants to accommodate the usual number of customer. The sales have been reduced drastically and instead of closing shop they are now surviving by pick up and take out only. Some restaurants do not want a delivery system for it entails more managerial concerns. With pick up and take out the mode is easier to handle.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah, it might enable them not to pay high rent because they will be using a smaller store space but they would be losing money as well. Some people prefer eating in than taking out especially when one is really hungry. For me I love to eat in than take out most times