Offline and Online Businesses, which is more profitable?

Highflyer

Online business is profitable and one of the best ways to make money, opportunities abound online in various niches such as freelancing, affiliate marketing, cryptocurrency and Forex trading, etc. Domain flipping is also a good way of making money because you buy domains for a less price and sell them much higher for profit. However there are offline businesses that have turned several people to millionaires too, those into bulk sale of foodstuff are making good money.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Both are profitable,it all depends on the kind of online business you are engaging in,if you earn $5 to $10 daily in online business i think it's profitable, nowadays a lot of people go online to get their needs,in this case people dealing with online business will gain a lot,so i think online business is more profitable than offline business.

Setfragil

There is no one that is not profitable it depends on your the knowledge, experience and expertise you have. If you have the required training for online businesses you will surely make profits likewise offline businesses too which requires some form of training to be able to perform to your expectations.

Dora Wi

I would say that both online and offline businesses can be profitable if it is marketed with a proper strategy. You can use promotional products for both of them as means of giveaway to your customers and clients for making your brand famous and reaching a large number of people.
Flyers, banners are good offline marketing strategy for offline marketing while SEO, PC, SMO can be used for online busineses.
I agree. Additionally, offline businesses can be promoted online as well, nowadays it is common for all kinds of businesses to have an informative website and a social media presence.

lucycarter

I would say that both online and offline businesses can be profitable if it is marketed with a proper strategy. You can use promotional products for both of them as means of giveaway to your customers and clients for making your brand famous and reaching a large number of people.
Flyers, banners are good offline marketing strategy for offline marketing while SEO, PC, SMO can be used for online busineses.

Dora Wi

It indeed depends a lot on where you live. Under normal circumstances - that is, when we are not in the middle of a pandemic - I don't think an online business is necessarily more profitable than an offline one as the success of a business depends a lot on your reach and how you position yourself on the market.

Godslamp

Between offline andd online business there is none that is more profitable. Business is profitable depending on the management handling thee business. Though there are some added advantage when a business is done online like easy access to wide range of potential customers and also it is less stressful as no much labor force is needed. Also when a business iss offline it can also attract some species of customer as some people are scared of being scam through online business

M

Mad6701

Doing business online is the "new norm". If the pandemic has taught us anything, it's precisely that!! Online business is here to stay. The pandemic is created many online opportunities. I myself lost my job, and I had to find a way of providing for my family. No easy task, but with determination and time on my side, I went online searching for opportunities. For the last two months, I have been working on something which is bringing me some money. I know that if I keep working at it and improving my online skills, I can increase my earnings step by step.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElizaSmith

Online and offline businesses both are parallelly profitable. Since nowadays people are getting more attached to mobile phones, online business is getting somehow bit profitable than offline. For an online business, you need a web presence of your business so that people can see you over the Internet. Create your website properly by hiring a web development company and make social media pages for your digital identity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hena101

This depends on the kind of products and services you are providing if selling your products and services requires you been there before it can be sold then offline businesses is not for people like because there is no way you can sell offline but if your products and services you are providing does not required you been there before it can be sold then online is good for but it may depends on the country you are in.

IamDozzy

A lot of businesses that wasn't online moved online during the Covid-19 pandemic while some business owners still remained adamant to the changing conditions of business and remained offline. A variety of business owners when asked claimed that there are more customers offline than there are online especially in a developing country like Nigeria. They gave some valid points like;

• The supply of electricity not being constant so they won't be able to charge their gadgets to maximum capacity.

• The cost of data from Internet Service Providers being too expensive.

• Most of them lack the know-how to operate these gadgets.

So this led me to ponder on this question, is in Online and Offline businesses which is more Profitable taking all these things the offline traders said into consideration.

Segat

Both are more profitable and better, the choice of what to go depends on the business type, the location and targeted customers. If your customers are people living around your local area and you are not thinking of expansion, going for offline business will be the best option because it really don't need expertise and much capital.

Teatea

Both online and offline businesses are profitable, depending on how it is managed. Not everyone will go into online business but it is good for an offline business to have an online presence, it helps in creating more publicity beyond the business area. Most people prefer online business because of the flexibility, ease and convenience, you get to work from anywhere at your comfort.

marcusfe

There is no way we can compare business with the office job, they different from each other. Office job will only restrict you to a certain payment pattern which is not likely to increase except by the review of the organization you're working for. Business on the other way is an independent venture which gives the owner freedom of expansion and an unrestricted opportunity to earn more. With business there is no limit too how much someone can earn. The most important thing is to ensure the well being of the business.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Both online and offline I don't see the one that is bad in it if you know how to manage and handle yourself well... There are people that has made tons of money out of blogging,web designing and being a social media influencers and at the same time there are people that make money out of business that you think are menial... So just keep focus and look for opportunities where people think they are not.

D

Deleted member 28873

Offline and Online Businesses, which is more profitable?both are profitable depending on how bid and well managed the business.The major difference is you could get customers from a wide range in an online business while in an offline business within a particular region.The offline business is preferred because you can choose the product that you want while in the online store all you could see is the picture of the product.It depends on the kind of business, we have many types of business which are offline.

Georgeadawara

Both of the business are profitable
It depends on which one you prefer the most online business is very good and more easily but in my country today that of the online business is not yet that strong but that of offline is more stronger than.so offline is more profitable than that of offline in my country.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I don't think you can compare the profitability of an offline versus an online business unless the nature of business is exactly the same. Take for instance the deli which specializes in food products. The offline deli is preferred because you can choose the food that you want while in the online store all you could see is the picture only.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Thanks to Mukesh Ambani, in India, Internet is so cheap that one can use it as much as one like. Power is also good due to Government's electricity policy. At the present situation, online is more popular, however, offline business is still important, a person is able to order anything online, but delivery is only possible offline.