On-page SEO and Off-page SEO?

Yadu

Can anybody tell me what is the difference between on-page SEO and off-page SEO? How can I implement it in my business?

bavya

On-page SEO is a method of optimising individual web pages in order to improve their search engine rankings and generate more qualified traffic.

Off-page optimization is a technique for improving a website's ranking on a search engine results page (SERP).

Mika

VIP Contributor
The main idea behind SEO is to rank your website, web pages, online articles, etc. on search engines. When you do search on the search engine, you will see a page with the search results. This page is called the search engine result page, or SERP in short. The purpose of SE is to appear on this page, mainly the first page, or possibly on the number one search list. Most searchers click the top 5 search results, they usually do not go beyond page 3. That's why you should focus on ranking on the top 5 results or within 3 pages. How can you manage to reach there? Through SEO. There are different kinds of SEO techniques and On-page and off-page are two basic strategies.
On-Page SEO involves doing SEO within your website. This involves, using keywords, publishing high-quality content, interlinking different content, formatting pages, etc.
Off-page SEO involves implementing strategies off-site, which means sharing on social media, building backlinks. etc.
On-page SEO is easy as you can do it on your own site, however, doing off-page SEO can be channeling because you have to work off-site and you have to depend on other people and websites for things like backlinks.