On-Page SEO Checklist

Mika

VIP Contributor
You might have done SEO on your website, do you think your SEO efforts are enough? Here is a checklist for On-Page SEO.

On-Page SEO for Overall Content

Check for duplicate content internally (in your website) or externally (on someone else’s website)

Check whether primary and secondary keywords are present in your website content, website tags, and website description

Check whether you have used H tags in your content where appropriate

Check whether you have used the same primary keywords in numerous content; if yes, remove them

Check whether you have used local geo keywords or not (must for local ranking)

Check whether visitors can contact you easily or not (you need to provide multiple contact methods)

Internal Links

Check whether you have descriptive anchor text

Check whether your links are broken

Check whether you have interlinked your pages

Outbound links

Check whether the outbound links open in the new tab

Check whether links are broken

Check whether the links land on suspicious pages

Content Formatting

Check whether your paragraphs are short (short paragraphs are preferred, avoid long paragraphs) Check whether you have used numbered lists

Check whether you have used bullet points

Multi-Media Usage

Check whether you have used images, videos, and GIFs

Check whether embedded images and videos are broken

Check whether you have used descriptive alt text for the image

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I was not aware that on page SEO included so many things. I though on page was all about using proper keywords, using proper title and description, and writing original content. Thanks for this tutorial. Now, I am going back to my website to see if I have done everything mentioned on this post.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Just like the name suggests, on-page SEO is the SEO strategy that is implemented within the pages of your website. On-page SEO is basically focused on SEO on your articles and website pages. Keyword usage is the main focus of on-page SEO, but on-page SEO also includes content quality. A simple change like adding H tags (H1, H2, H3, H4 tags) can make a lot of difference on SEO.