Online selling issues (COD, free delivery)

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
One night I saw a Facebook Page that was selling nuts for snacks. I was attracted because I am fond of nuts whether walnuts, peanuts, pistachio, etc. To make the story short, I placed my order together with an inquiry of the other details like the delivery and the payment. It was in the Page that said free delivery and CO but I still clarified. When I got a reply there was a clarification on the prices (a slight mistake in the price list) but there was no clarification on my inquiry.

When things were finalized I was surprised to know that the payment is only by bank deposit. I cancelled the order (with no explanation). He replied negatively and even enumerated his resume. I was irked but I chose to be diplomatic so I explained that I do not want any other means of paying but COD so that I will not go out of my house. We are in a pandemic era. He understood my reason and he apologized. Now you see that COD is very important to me.

This is actually one of the big marketing mistakes that a lot of people do and they do not even know how much it affects your business. It is always important that you should try to be sincere to your customers no matter what and even if it is negative try to explain to them why it is like that instead of trying to click bait them.