Paypal closing accounts

jaymish2

From time to time online you hear that paypal has closed accounts without a good reason. This is scary of you are working online and use paypal as your main payment processor. Some of the reasons that paypal gives are: Suspicious source of payment, using different IP addresses to access your account and not being to verify your identity. Have you ever heard a problem with your paypal account? How did you sort it out. Was your account closed or just limited for a while?

Jelineex

I haven't read any news about paypal concerning on closure of accounts. This maybe because of anti-money laundering act to avoid suspicious accounts. I doubt, if paypal will close an account without prior notice. They value their client. There is a law governing on those kind of business. If ever paypal well do that, it will be a global issue.

NerdIndeed

I recently got an email from PayPal informing me about updates on their policy. It's mostly about a change in fees when someone sends and receives money from different geographic locations, and I haven't understood anything.

From my experience, I encountered one instance where I am being restricted from accessing my account before without further notice (I have $200 in there), and according to them, their reason is they're trying to verify a few things. I bombarded their customer support with emails and only got access after a week.

Last edited:

jpk0007

Well I am relatively new to PayPal but I have not faced any problems with PayPal so far . In fact the Sign up process and the verification process for PayPal is very easy. The customer service is very prompt and they do solve any difficulties that you may be facing. But as i said I am a newbie on PayPal and i am keeping my fingers crossed for the future.

Corzhens

I wonder where you got that news about Paypal on clising accounts? Take note that Paypal has competition and although I am not hinting that the issue of closing account is a smear campaign but it is highly possible. My point is for us to be careful in spreading negative info about a business.

Finger Geek

Verified member
I also got my account blocked by PayPal. And I have funds on the account. They took all. That is why I can never advise people to go for PayPal. I still prefer perfect money.
They will just block your account for non good reason. And claim your money. As for me I see that as a way that they extort money from its members.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I also got my account blocked by PayPal. And I have funds on the account. They took all. That is why I can never advise people to go for PayPal. I still prefer perfect money.
They will just block your account for non good reason. And claim your money. As for me I see that as a way that they extort money from its members.

I do agree with you. PerfectMoney and Payeer are the best payment processors out there. I really do not know why Paypal is called the "only best" payment processor when it is not at all the best and actually much far away from being the "best". Do you have any idea why your Paypal account was blocked by Paypal? have you used VPN or something of that sort? Never use VPN even while accessing your PerfectMoney or Payeer account.

Finger Geek

Verified member
I do agree with you. PerfectMoney and Payeer are the best payment processors out there. I really do not know why Paypal is called the "only best" payment processor when it is not at all the best and actually much far away from being the "best". Do you have any idea why your Paypal account was blocked by Paypal? have you used VPN or something of that sort? Never use VPN even while accessing your PerfectMoney or Payeer account.
I never use vpn for my PayPal account. I do use normal browser to access my account. If the are to block my account they should at least tell me why they are blocking it so that next time I will not do the same and avoid it. But no they won't say anything. And they should always provide an avenue to ask for re open of the account

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I have experienced this and it is really devastating. My PayPal account got permanently limited and the reason was that I had received money from a suspicious account. There is nothing I could do about since it is even hard to contact their support team from my country. I had to look for an alternative payment method and I am glad I found cryptocurrencies.