Paypal transaction with no service charge

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have noticed that the service charge that is deducted from the payments that I receive from online sites is getting onerous with more than 5% although the rate differs from time to time. This got me thinking why the online sites that I work on would not pay me as a friend. When I send money to a friend there is not service charge so why can’t the sites do that with the money that they pay to their members?

I have suggested this type of transaction (paying or sending money to a friend) to avoid the charges by Paypal. One site that I work on a contract basis pays me with that style so I get the full amount of the payment. Maybe some would think that it is kind of immoral to evade the charges of Paypal but I am thinking of small people like us who work online and receive the payment for a month’s work with deductions.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
PayPal mode of transaction is the best form of transaction, I've been told there is a little withdrawal fee but unfortunately PayPal transaction is not accepted in my location and for you to get a verified PayPal account in my location might be difficult, that is the only limitation I have now.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Online sites cannot pay their users by choosing friends and family option. They sent payment regularly to a lot of people and they cannot choose friends and family option because PayPal will become suspicious of the transactions. Some earning sites bear the transaction fees, that's why you will receive full payment (without any fee deductions).

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
As far as I know there is also a fixed rate of charges that you must pay when it comes to transaction fees in paypal. Transaction fees of Paypal is quite high and as another member in here has pointed out, they cannot use to pay you using the "Family and friends" option because these kind of money transafers are quite different than receiving money for the work you do online. Paypal is not supported in my country at all, but I can say that they are one of the most strict payment processors I have ever heard about.

Last edited:

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are based in the US and if you use friends and family option to send funds to another paypal user, there will be zero charges. If you are in EU zone and if you send Euro to another member in EU countries, you also do not encounter any charges.