Political career can be rewarding even if you do not win in the election

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I helped my uncle in the campaign when he ran for city councilor. Unfortunately he lost by a mile to the winners. After a month I was surprised to hear that my uncle was appointed by the mayor to the position of adviser for security of the city. The mayor is from a different political party.

When I met my uncle he said that politicians become friends after the election. It is just like a game to them that even the losers can be given a position by the winners. He even asked me if I need a job and he can recommend me to the mayor. I didn’t know that entering politics can be beneficial not only to the politicians but also to the people in his circle.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Same happens here in my country. That is why it is said in politics they are no permanent friends or foes just permanent interest when once the election is over everything is back to status quo. So yeah there's never a real loser. The winners will always take in the losers and life continues

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
That's how politics works. Some will step down for opposition based on agreement that he will be offered an appointment. We have seen such cases in numerous times everywhere. The political elites knows how to play their game. Some will even step down in a day before election. Politics is a dirty game

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
That's how politics works. Some will step down for opposition based on agreement that he will be offered an appointment. We have seen such cases in numerous times everywhere. The political elites knows how to play their game. Some will even step down in a day before election. Politics is a dirty game
It is sad to agree that politics in our country is not just dirty but very, very dirty. Would you believe that our president always curse and insult people that oppose him? It is really a pity that we had voted him to office and now he wanted to run again for next year's election. His minions are already benefiting from his position.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In politics, there is always permanent interest and not permanent enemies or even friends. What they do is a game that we don't understand. They don't see the election as do or die. They know see as a way of enriching their pockets. They are all ones in all countries.

MOSIUR

You have spoken the truth. Your words are 100% matched with the situation of our country. To participate in the election is important; to win or to lose in it does not matter. After the election, people can know him or her more than before. Political leaders start to call him whenever they need. Besides, other leaders of the same party call the failed candidate to satisfy or popularize or keep the credit of own party.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't see the politicians in my country being so liberal to hire someone with whom they lost the election. However, I believe a political career is rewarding even if you do not win the elections because you will be known in society and you can use your frame to gain personal benefits.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I am not sure if you can build a career after losing election. If you lose your political party might not even allow you to contest the election second time. If you cannot contest elections, you are doomed. However, if you win the election., you will have a bright future.