Postpartum haemorrhage, an excessive bleeding condition after child birth

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Many deaths after child birth are caused by excessive bleeding either by virginal birth or caecerian birth. 99% of maternal death is caused by excessive bleeding.

Have you heard of this medical term? Postpartum haemorrhage. This condition could result in the patent losing more than 500ml of blood within 24hrs of virginal birth, it could lead to 1000ml of blood loss in caecerean birth .

It is normal for a woman to lose blood during childbirth but when the blood flow becomes uncontrollable, it gives rise to a conditions called the postpartum haemorrhage.

Postpartum haemorrhage is often caused when the uterus is dilated after the placenta is detached from the uterus. Normally, the uterus is supposed to seal after the placenta is detached from it to avoid excessive loss of blood.

Have your heard of this condition before?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have heard about this term I think I saw it on the internet because I have never experienced it or know anyone that have gone through it. I think this can even lead to death if not properly handled. Losing too much blood after childbirth sounds scary. There need to be a great intervention here

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I have heard about this term I think I saw it on the internet because I have never experienced it or know anyone that have gone through it. I think this can even lead to death if not properly handled. Losing too much blood after childbirth sounds scary. There need to be a great intervention here
This health condition accounts for many maternal deaths when it becomes uncontrollable. That's why it's very important to always take note of the this condition and take appropriate treatment to avoid excessive bleeding. Postpartum haemorrhage is an health condition that needs to be taken seriously.