Predicting what kind of life to have when you retire

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is another issue for the senior citizens who are nearing the retirement age. The first concern is the home. If you are living with your married child then that would not be easy for a retired person. As they say the home is the first and foremost investment that you need to have. It is your haven.

Next issue is the pension. If you have a pension or a retirement insurance then that will be fine. If you have a substantial amount in your savings account then you are good. But the best is to have an income upon retirement. You can invest your extra money or maybe put up a small business. Thinking of these things before retirement can help you when you cross the bridge.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are a part time freelancer and a full time worker on a small company, you will not have any retirement benefits like a pension plan. The only way to have a graceful exit when you want to retire from your work is to build bank balance and a lot of investment

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive that the first thing one should do when get employed is to start planning for it retirement. Am saying this because it use to be turn bad for some retirees now a days. One of the best things to do is to have a good house and create a small business even if not too big.

Good luck

Verified member
It depends on individual,you may decide to go into business of buying and se offline or online or and a retired staff one can decide to go into farming or doing poultry farm.selling of birds or eggs which is more profitable in the Present society that we are.Business is really advisable for a pensioner

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Retirement is not a day plan. The best thing we need is to be planning ahead before the retirement. This will give us ample opportunity to plan well and ahead of what we are to be expecting during the old age. This will reduce the burden that comes with retirement.

Putta Vince

Retirement can be the exit from many opportunities especially when it comes to earning money. So my plan is to build lot of money in young age , below 40 years of age , that I can save for using it in retirement phase of the life. I also plan to buy farm house from the savings and use it as a source of income during the retirement.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I would like to live in a place that is cool and calm. Living in a a community or serene environment brings about peace and calmness. These two are very essential if you want to live long. I would like to have a garden for myself where I can have access to fresh fruits and vegetables. A little fitness gear to do exercise everyday is also required in my surrounding. All this contributes to healthy living and longevity.

MOSIUR

Yea! It is a very good idea to invest one's money of retirement. On the other hand, it is also fine to start a new small business. Both of the ideas are so nice to apply but the first one will be the better, I think. As the home is like a Heaven in which the retired person can take rest with grandsons or granddaughters after investing.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, life as an old person can be very difficult. There was an old lady who used to live near my relatives house and she used to live alone in her house. She died there and she was found dead in her house when people became curious about her disappearance. People tried to break the door of her house only to find her dead body in her house. She had a daughter who used to live in the U.S. However, it looks like her own children, sister, brothers, etc abandoned her alone. :(

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Old age can be a lonely place for most people. it can be very terrifying when you start thinking about it right from your earlier stage. I think the best thing is to prepare for it so that someone will not get depressed when it comes. One of the best way to prepare for old age is to maintain our health because they are going to deteriorate over time.

D

Deleted member 28127

This is something impredictable for the main reason that no one guarantee that he will still alive up to pension life because you can even die before 1 year of getting pension. You can then use insurance of life for something similar especially if your children aren't ready to afford life expense and this is role of insurance.

dagm

Retired life is actually certainly not a time strategy. The very best point our team require is actually to become preparation in advance prior to the retired life. This will certainly provide our team sufficient chance to strategy effectively as well as in front of exactly just what our team are actually to become anticipating throughout the aging. This will certainly decrease the concern that includes retired life.

Kendy

Verified member
Predicting the type of life to have when you retire is solely dependent on your preference and the level of hard work you put in making your dream retirement life come to reality. For most individuals who are opportuned to work in government organisations, they already have a leverage of pension and gratuity which would be deposited to them after retirement and also, the pension is mostly a contributory effort both by the government and by the individual retirees. Predicting the kind of life you would want to have during retirement starts at the point where you were up to the task when you are still agile and when you have the energy to work adequately, this is because at the retirement age, they are some challenges or factors that may impede you working on the same level as you used to when you were still vibrant. There is a common adage that says "as you lay your bed so you lie on it," if during your working days you are unable to make an investment or savings which can last you for your retirement age then it will be very difficult to find a way out of the situation most especially if you do not have support or people around you who could help salvage such situation.