Producing a stage play

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In this time of pandemic many stage actors are willing to perform on stage for a very minimal talent fee just to have a job. It is a pathetic situation especially for the lesser known stage actors who has no livelihood for now. The popular actor somehow earn from the sponsors for their endorsements of the product or service. But they also miss the stage and it is not the money anymore but the passion.

Smart producers can cash in on the situation. A stage play needs a big investment because of the duration of rehearsals that can be from 2 months or longer. Everyone is paid in the rehearsals including the crew that handles the script, the lighting, the props and even the makeup. But in the end the ticket sales can easily recover the investment much more with the prospect of selling the live video of the stage play.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my town stage play is a failing business. Just about 10 years, a lot of stage production companies sprouted because there was a demand to stage production, a lot of people went to see stage plays. But these days people have lost interest in stage plays. They prefer to stream movies from the comfort of their homes.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The convenient in pandemic actually affected a lot of businesses and that includes the Business of acting especially the one of stage plays. I believe that one can actually capitalise on this opportunity but then stage place are not a thing in my country and many people open their results to other ways of entertainment.