Protecting yourself from being scammed and defrauded online.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Due to the fear of being scammed and defrauded online majority of people have concluded that making money online is very cumbersome and absolutely impossible . This is absolutely very untrue but it is totally known why they have these kind of mindset when it comes to making money online , this is probably because they themselves have for once became victims and subjects to various online scammers and fraudsters in the internet which have created various coming and defrauding website and platforms in the internet so as to the fraud and scam individuals who want to make money online the legit and the right way .

Eradicating scammers and fraudsters from the internet is totally impossible because there are numerous and uncountable numbers of them in the internet . And each and every one of them is an expert to the other and so it is absolutely impossible to eradicate them all . but rather than focusing on how to eradicate scammers and fosters from the internet you should be more concerned on how to protect yourself from their attacks and traps . To carefully shield yourself from being a subject and victimsto a scam and fraudulent website is it advised that you make a feasibility study or a feasibility research about a particular website or platform that you intend to use to make money online .

Abigael

Valued Contributor
There have been so many scams online for sure. If you are not careful you end up being a victim. Here are some ways to avoid getting scammed or defrauded online;

• Never trust sites whose promises look too good to be true - a site that promises to double your $50 in 24 hours is just an outright scam. I don't know how you will be thinking trusting them. Unfortunately, most people who are new to online scams trust them out of greed. Such promises are just unrealistic.
  • Never trust a site that has scammed before - some sites come and go. But others keep coming back after a while yet they did not pay users last time. Never trust such a site as it could run away with your money again. Or you find a site that is created afresh by a previous scammer, never trust a scammer.
  • Only read reviews from trustworthy sites - you should not trust all sources of reviews, especially those you find in social media sites. Most of them are made by the owners of a scam site who pays them for fake reviews. It is best to look for legit review sites like trust pilot or forums such as this one whose reviews are genuine.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely true and obviously seen , that one of the reasons why many people today do not make money online is as a result of themselves being counted as a subject and victim to online scammers and fraudsters that flood the internet with their scamming and fraudulent websites and platforms with the sole aim and objectives to scam and defraud individuals like you and I , who possibly want to make money online the legit and right way . Making money online is very interesting and it is actually very interesting especially when you have free from being a victim to online scammers and platform fraudsters .

I have always advise individuals in this forum to always make good use of a scam site detector when working online or when intending to work of a particular website or platform . A scam site detector is totally a tool that helps you who want to make money online to carefully dictate whether a particular platform or a particular website that you intend to use to make money online is absolutely legit or probably scamming and should be avoided and discouraged . There are various scam site detector apps and tools in the internet , but the one I will always recommend and I will keep on recommending is known as the sureplug app .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
So many scam businesses are running rampant on the internet these days. And while there are some things you can do to avoid becoming a victim of a fraud, it's impossible to completely prevent yourself from being targeted by scammers.
They're getting more sophisticated all the time, and they have access to advanced software that makes it harder to detect them. However, you can implement some simple steps to help you spot suspicious behavior.

Here are some tips to keep in mind:

-If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Never send money or personal information over the phone or online unless you know exactly who you're talking to.

-Don't give out your bank account number or PIN number to anyone over the phone or online. If you do, your account could be drained in minutes!

-Make sure that any website where you enter your credit card information is secure (look for https instead of http). This will help protect your identity from hackers who may steal your data and use it for their own purposes.

-Beware of emails that seem "too official." Many phishing scams will pose as legitimate companies in order to get your personal information or money from you by impersonating someone else entirely!

-Read through their about me and TandC pages, if you find anything off or nonprofessional posts, you should be careful about your next action.

Quote Reply Comment
Report •••

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It is not just because of the high rate of scamming activities that makes an online business to be a scam, the most important thing that we all have to understand is that online is real and so many people can also make money by engaging in one online business or another.

Sometimes we are even the one that allowed ourselves to be scam in the sense that we go for things that are too good to be true and this are the strategies a lot of scammers are using to prey on innocent people.

If we are just interested to make money online , why can't we just go on and learn a profitable skill or we just look straight forward to make money by posting of content as we are doing here on paid to post website ? . Why do we just want to go and make money by investing in platform that promise to give us 50% of our investment within two hours, all these things are just impossible and this is what we all must understand because if you can be able to understand the impossibility of making money in this way , we will definitely avoid investing all this things.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The internet space is filled with a lot of scam platforms and individuals who derives joy from stealing people's money and therefore as someone that really wants to make money online you must try as much as possible to avoid them.

When I ventured into online business newly I came across a lot of them which I probably lost some money and I wasted a lot of time on so many of them. There are several things you must do and put in place if you really want to avoid scam platform and one of them is making proper research.

Before your sign up or venture into any platform you must try as much as possible to make a lot of research, platforms like trustpilot can help you a lot too determine if a website is legitimate or not. Trustpilot is a review website in which you can go into and read the reviews of people to determine their experience.

If their experience is pleasant then you can venture into it and try your luck but if it is not pleasant you need to run away. They withdrawal threshold of platforms can also indicate whether they are scam or not. If it is too high then you need to run away.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There is a lot of scam and fraud Investments that are circling around in the internet today and a lot of them have been set up in such a way that you are even hardly going to be able to differentiate the ones that are bad from the ones that are good so you really need to take extra measures to ensure that.

The first thing you should do is to go to review and customer-friendly sites like trustpilot where you are going to be seeing the reviews that other people are dropping about it and if it is all negative reviews then it is better for you to just stay away from it .

If you cannot be able to find them and review sites then you can be able to search about the owners of the project as well if they are public people and if they have a known history of scamming people in the past .

If you want to protect your phone's then you should also ensure that you are not giving away your personal information like your date of birth and email password to strangers online who are promising to double your investments or give you free money .

Kendy

Verified member
The online platform is no doubt filled with a lot of scam and there is no working regulation to reduce its rate. Even on HYIP sites, the HYIP monitors are not being helpful in anyway, this is because, it gives one response today and tomorrow, an individual still ends up scamming people. As such, everyone owes him or herself the responsibility of guarding your personal information with utmost safety and also watch-out on the type of platform in which you dedicate your time, energy and creativity. In most cases, those who are being scammed online are not ignorant but is is out of greed. This is the reality which whether you agree or not, it remains a fact.

For example, last month in my geographical setting, a website crashed with billions and some persons even committed suicide based on this negative development but in the same month, another site emanated with the same technique and strategies all clear, yet people still went ahead to invest without learning from their past experiences or that of others. This only shows that the level of greed can make someone know that a site is scam but his mindset would deceive him or her to invest early so that he can withdraw quickly. In some cases, they are unlucky as the site can crash even on the second day.

Rachael

Verified member
As an online worker, it is your responsibility to shield yourself and vital details from the public and anyone. When it comes to your private details, you should not trust anyone with no matter how much acquainted you might be. So many persons have been defrauded online due to greed and negligence. There are some sites which we ought to be careful, this is because, if you go ahead and click on any suspected link, it could cause havoc to your privacy. Even on some mail information I receive, there is always a forewarning if the mail is suspicious and with this, I'd never take a step. Those who went ahead to click on any suspicious links would either have their social media account or email hacked immediately.

The level of scam is really on the increase and as such, we ought to protect ourselves because there is no other person to do it for us. Even through social media, so may people have their accounts hacked due to one mistake or the other. To avoid being scammed also, you need to be contented with what you have and do not tale risks which does not have any full compensation packages.

Sikapa

Verified member
One of the major problem concerning online money making is falling into a scam site. Online money making is good way to make money and a lot of people are into this very business. This is the reason why some people have take the advantage to create websites and scamming people. He who haven't fall into a scam website is maybe a newbie of a total beginner or maybe he or she was lucky to get someone to direct her path through online money making.

I personally have an experience of this scamming issue and therefore I'm talking out of an experience because experience is the best teacher. As someone said you can avoid being falling into a scam site if you notice that the website is promising to give you a higher pay. I can tell you to think twice if a website is promising to pay you a higher money without you doing any reasonable work which deserves that pay. Most at times all these websites might be a scam and at time they just need your database to do their own things. Is not all the time that they need your money, although some online investment companies need your money and they will fraud you but most of them will jus need your database and email to do their own things.

Hooligan

This is such an important topic and the number of scams that are happening online is disturbing. Sometimes these scammers are so good at convincing you that you will end up falling for their trap no matter how smart of a person you are. And that’s why I have trust issues and the tendency to question anything and everything that I come across online. Fortunately I have never been a victim of an online scam myself but I have a couple of friends who ended up trusting a scammer out of all and their hard earned money was gone forever. No matter how strong the cyber security is, these people always find a way to get their task done. So all we can do is be cautious while dealing with anyone on an online platform.