Reasons why doing business might not work for you

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Nice write-up, one of the most important thing business personnel must consider and understand is punctuality because this will determine if you are really serious in the business or not, good customer relation is also one of the most important thing Because this are things that can make your business to succeed.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have always maintained that not everybody is suitable to be a business person. Business is something that requires a lot of patience and is one that you will have to take all the decisions by yourself and also be responsible for them. This is something that a lot of people do not have the necessary skills and temperament to be able to scale through.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
When running a business , the person must also try to have a very good promotional strategy and must be customer friendly , because that is what would contribute to the business making success and going far to some certain extent ,so business needs focus and determination with all these when having that huge plan of running the business

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
You are very correct with your thread.....We should not establish business all because we want to earn money alone from it. It depends on what we have passion for. If we don't have passion for something and we engage in doing it, we may not succeed in doing that thing. Before starting a business, we have to think about what we have passion for.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
For a business to succeed it means a lot of dedication and hard work. Like someone up here have said not many people venture into businesses with a sole aim of making money and that is very wrong. Having the right mental attitude and mindset will give you an edge over your competitors.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Your options are legitimately outlined. If we aren't going to meet up those demanding business task we aren't going to succeed in one business to another. We need to be hungry for success of our business, have the passion first before going straight into it. Determination to succeed we should carry along. No matter the uncertainty that might fall on the business in the future shouldn't bother us.

funmi

Verified member
You are very right. Doing business requires a lot of commitment, time and determination. When some one lack all the above mentioned qualities as a business owner, then, the business is likely to fail.
Not everybody is fit to do business, many should just get other jobs to do and get employed.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is a very serious topic. I need to asks questions here. What about some business owners who have all the attributes needed to run a successful business but yet failed? There are two things involved
1) luck: luck makes people succeed in business most of the time
2) risk: if you investment on business with high risk, you are likely to fail.
I totally agree with you about risk, business has its own risks and one needs to be careful to avoid huge loss. But. I don't think business has anything to do with luck. The act of buying and selling has it's principles that needs to be followed to succeed. Gambling is about luck but business isn't.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
This is a very serious topic. I need to asks questions here. What about some business owners who have all the attributes needed to run a successful business but yet failed? There are two things involved
1) luck: luck makes people succeed in business most of the time
2) risk: if you investment on business with high risk, you are likely to fail.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I can totally relate with this because I know how I discovered other good shops just from my usual go to stores open late. When you resume for your business, truthfully, you would be leaving money on the table because a lot of customers will go else where to get their products and you lose out.
Exactly, when someone is starting a business other people will always like to know the seriousness of that business,and the best way you can prove that you are serious in that business is to make sure that you take your time seriously, orderliness and customer satisfaction should be your main priority.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
when a customer understand that you are not taking the times serious he or she will be thinking that you are not also serious in the business because no customer will always like to come and wait for a business to open in the morning,everything should be done orderly because these are the things that is needed in early start up of a business. Do you have a business ?
I can totally relate with this because I know how I discovered other good shops just from my usual go to stores open late. When you resume for your business, truthfully, you would be leaving money on the table because a lot of customers will go else where to get their products and you lose out.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yeah you are right, as popularly stated punctuality is the sole of business.for a business to fare better one needs to early to the business to show seriousness. Some customers are early risers as such business owners that want to progress with their businesses must adhere to opening their business on time
when a customer understand that you are not taking the times serious he or she will be thinking that you are not also serious in the business because no customer will always like to come and wait for a business to open in the morning,everything should be done orderly because these are the things that is needed in early start up of a business. Do you have a business ?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Nice write-up, one of the most important thing business personnel must consider and understand is punctuality because this will determine if you are really serious in the business or not, good customer relation is also one of the most important thing Because this are things that can make your business to succeed.
Yeah you are right, as popularly stated punctuality is the sole of business.for a business to fare better one needs to early to the business to show seriousness. Some customers are early risers as such business owners that want to progress with their businesses must adhere to opening their business on time

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Alot of times we would think about doing one business or the other. But the truth is that you shouldn't just think about the capital you might have to start. There are other factors that will show that you are not just ready yet for a business.

This is why some people failed in business then attribute the failure to funny things which might not just be the case. Well, there are things that you need to know to really ascertain you are ready for business. If you are not sure about them then it will be better to get a paid job.

If you can't be punctual

Business needs you opening it as early as possible.

Good amount of time

Do you have the kind of time that is needed to nurture and grow a business, if you don't have forget business

Customer- friendly

If you are a sadist and not friendly then you need to adopt it or forget about starting a business

Flair for business

Don't follow the bandwagon, are you sure you love to do a business or you are following others. Check it first.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don’t really see it as luck, but I think it about studying the business you want to go into and doing the things you believe will enable it to work. If you leave business to luck you might fail ever before you get it off the ground. Business is no gamble

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I totally agree with what you have said here. Indeed not everyone is meant for business. Lacking these qualities will prevent you from running the business effectively. Another one is the state of your mental health. If you have anxiety disorder or depression, you may find problems running a business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had my own business before and I'd say you need luck in business. My youngest sister has that luck. Whatever business she starts it always progressed - selling clothes and accessories, catering, real estate and even selling used cars. Now she is into Feng Shui and she is earning big money in the US.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There is one reason a principal reason that you may fail a business. There is life what we call negative people. They always are saying bad reviews to successfull person without doing anything in their life. If you are impressionned by this kind of people they will discourage you from starting your own business that let many people scarred even before starting a business. You have to be self confident.
You are right here negative vibes can kill even the strongest of them all confidence in forging ahead. The thing with negative people is that they discourage themselves and move on to discourage others.so it takes one with confidence and will power to start a business no matter the odds. Striving to win matters alot

D

Deleted member 28127

Alot of times we would think about doing one business or the other. But the truth is that you shouldn't just think about the capital you might have to start. There are other factors that will show that you are not just ready yet for a business.

This is why some people failed in business then attribute the failure to funny things which might not just be the case. Well, there are things that you need to know to really ascertain you are ready for business. If you are not sure about them then it will be better to get a paid job.

If you can't be punctual

Business needs you opening it as early as possible.

Good amount of time

Do you have the kind of time that is needed to nurture and grow a business, if you don't have forget business

Customer- friendly

If you are a sadist and not friendly then you need to adopt it or forget about starting a business

Flair for business

Don't follow the bandwagon, are you sure you love to do a business or you are following others. Check it first.
There is one reason a principal reason that you may fail a business. There is life what we call negative people. They always are saying bad reviews to successfull person without doing anything in their life. If you are impressionned by this kind of people they will discourage you from starting your own business that let many people scarred even before starting a business. You have to be self confident.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
People do go into business with the sole aim of making money. And that's wrong. You make goodwill first and then money will come. My daddy will always tell me never to chase money. I should allow money to be looking for me. You only allow money to look for you when you win the hearts of your customers. They will see you as the solution to their problems.
Yeah the Goodwill or a business start for a. Business and make it progress geometrically. This is because people will feel very comfortable doing business in a place the reputation is outstanding.so it is always important that the state of ones Goodwill is a lot higher so that one will not only get new customers but also retain them