Reasons Why You Need to Start eCommerce Business

Mika

VIP Contributor
Before I explain why you need to build an online store and start selling online, I am sharing some eCommerce facts.

According to Website Hosting Grating, about 47 percent of the world population bought something online in 2020. It is estimated that over 2 billion people will be buying something online in 2021. About 71 percent of buyers believe that they will get better deals online compared to offline stores.

Forget about everything stated above, just focus on one fact. In 2021, Jeff Bezos became the richest man on earth. Thanks to his ecommerce platform Amazon.

Can you imagine, Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995 and just in 25 years, he became the world's richest man?

There is no other business that has grown as much as an online business. Therefore, if you want to make money online, you need to start your ecommerce business.

There are a lot of ways to do eCommerce and one of the most common ways to do eCommerce is by selling your products and services through online marketplaces. If you want to sell services, you can try selling through Fiverr; if you want to sell physical products you can try selling on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc. and if you want to sell digital products you can sell through Amazon, Etsy, etc.

Cryptoworks

Before I explain why you need to build an online store and start selling online, I am sharing some eCommerce facts.

According to Website Hosting Grating, about 47 percent of the world population bought something online in 2020. It is estimated that over 2 billion people will be buying something online in 2021. About 71 percent of buyers believe that they will get better deals online compared to offline stores.

Forget about everything stated above, just focus on one fact. In 2021, Jeff Bezos became the richest man on earth. Thanks to his ecommerce platform Amazon.

Can you imagine, Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995 and just in 25 years, he became the world's richest man?

There is no other business that has grown as much as an online business. Therefore, if you want to make money online, you need to start your ecommerce business.

There are a lot of ways to do eCommerce and one of the most common ways to do eCommerce is by selling your products and services through online marketplaces. If you want to sell services, you can try selling through Fiverr; if you want to sell physical products you can try selling on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc. and if you want to sell digital products you can sell through Amazon, Etsy, etc.
This is really helpful guidance!

goodmoneygoodlife

I agree with this. I think e-commerce is the best business to start in 2022. Namely because:
1. Scalable with time. As you get good, 1 hour of your time can serve many customers. This means your $/hour increases over time. By a lot.
2. Easy to start. The skills involve some Photoshop / video editing, which anyone can pick up. And if you don't want to pick those skills up, just hire someone to do it. Likewise, you might need to learn SEO but that's trivially easy to pick up as well.
3. Generally, you don't have to invent your own product. You just need to do product research and sell an existing product with product-market fit.

Of course, the tradeoff is because it's so easy to get started, competition for e-commerce is also very intense.

D

Deleted member 28127

Not everyone could start an eCommerce business just because this needs a long time before having all skills to succeed in your business, not from the first day you will grab results but after months of work.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Starting an e-commerce business is now no longer an easy job. This is because there are already so many e-commerce store that are providing a lots of products online and you may need to compete with them in every aspect. I live in a Tier 3 country, but still I can find hundreds of online store that are offering many imported and local products at my door step. When it comes to opening an online store, you must remember the pricing aspect as well. There are many people who are always looking to find cheap products online. However, being cheap does not mean that you must start selling substandard products. This is because selling low-quality products will harm your business quickly.

You must also make sure that you deliver products on time. Customer will be really annoyed if you do deliver products late. You may also need to accept various payment methods and see what local payment methods you could offer apart from cash or credit cards. It is a wise thing to offer online payment processors such as PayPal for payments, as it is accepted and used by many people. You will also need to create a professional website.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do a lot of things to make money online, however, based on my experience selling online is the best way to make money. There are a lot of methods to sell online, however, automated selling methods like print on demand or dropshipping are the best methods. When I say automated, what I mean is you do not have to work day and night to develop products, sell products, package products and ship products. Most of these things will be taken care by the marketpkce you are working on. For example, you can sell digital art on etsy, however, you don't have to create canvs or print art, package the product, and ship to your customer, it will be handled by the store you are working on. You can also sell clothing items, but you do not have to manufacture, there are marketplaces that will take care of everything from making your product, packaging your product and shipping to your customer. You can manufacture your own product, build your own store and sell yourself, but in order to do that you will have to spend a lot of money, hire a team of experts to run and manage your business.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Corona period brought new changes in the world, at the time of lockdown, all (100%) were dependent on online or phone marketing, now online marketing is going well even when the market opens.

However, before selling something, I will tell my buying conditions for this. For example footwears.The footwears we bought online were not comfortable, so one has to go to the market to buy shoes/slippers. This example shows that if you want to sell footwear, then do not sell it online.

Another example is grocery, we used to go to market to buy groceries, but Vividh changed this, althrough we still go to malls, but most of grocery comes online, this saves our time too

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are many reasons why you should start an eCommerce business. The first and most important reason is that it can make you money. If you are in a position where you need money, then an eCommerce business will help you get it. The second reason is that it can help you start your own business. You can create one from scratch without spending all your savings and also without any kind of investment. The third reason why eCommerce businesses are good for everyone is because they help people save money and time. If you have enough money to invest in a business like this, then there is no reason why you should not invest in it.

In today's world, eCommerce businesses are more important than ever. With so many products being sold online and the internet being a platform that allows for a wide audience to see and purchase products, eCommerce businesses are becoming more popular than ever.

If you're thinking about starting an eCommerce business, there are a few things you need to know. First, you need to have a great product or service that people want to buy. Second, you need to have a plan for how you're going to reach your target market and get them to buy from you. And third, you need to have a way to accept payments and fulfill orders.

If you're not sure where to start, don't worry. We've got you covered. Here are a few reasons why you need to start an eCommerce business:

1. You Can Reach a Global Market

With an eCommerce business, you can sell to anyone, anywhere in the world. There are no borders or boundaries when it comes to eCommerce. This means you have the potential to reach a much larger market than you would if you were selling through brick-and-mortar stores.

2. You Can Work From Anywhere

Another great thing about eCommerce businesses is that they're not tied to one location. You can run your business from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection. This is perfect for people who want the freedom to travel or work from home.

3. You Have More Control Over Your Business

When you have an eCommerce business, you have more control over every aspect of your business. From the products you sell to the way you market your business, you get to make all the decisions. This can be both good and bad, but it's generally an advantage to have more control over your business.

marcels

what are the direct benefits when starting an e-commerce business? You now know that you are an aspiring entrepreneur, by ecommmerce website development and are looking to scratch that entrepreneurial itch you’ve been getting. But you’re reading this asking — well, why e-commerce?

Dhivya

I will prove you with statistics:
  • eCommerce business revenue reached $3.56 trillion revenue in 2021, which is a 22% increase from the previous year.
  • 7.3% of total retail in the US came from mobile eCommerce in 2021. In the UK, that figure was 15.6%
Easily you can profit via online multi-vendor eCommerce platforms. But it is possible only when you focus on the right eCommerce platform for your business.
I suggest a SaaS-based eCommerce marketplace platform from QoreUps. which provides a multi-vendor eCommerce site with super-rich features to instantly start your eCommerce business.
Also, this SaaS eCommerce platform is available on a subscription basis. You can pay it for monthly or annual subscription basics. It is the best choice of low-cost investment to learn more profit.