Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Social Engagements and Followers

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
These people are trying to trick advertiser in hiring them for social promotion. Since these so called influencers can can show a huge following on their profile a lot of advertisers fall prey in believing that these followers are actually genuine followers. You need to do a through research before you hire an influencer.

D

Deleted member 28127

If people unfollow after getting incentives they will be banned permanently from the exchange platform. What most of them is doing is a spare Twitter accounts for such kind of tasks that he opens only to earn from Twitter tasks. So in most cases, this account used is not his official account used. This is the same for Youtube tasks or Instagram or tiktok. These platforms require authorizations to follow up your follow or unfollow except this person is no longer aiming to earn from Twitter tasks so he doesn't bother about the account banning from such follow the rewarding platform to his users.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Even when they are not bots, these followers are the people who follow account for small incentives. let you are bought service for 5 cents per follower from a certain site. This site has users and pays 2 cents per following. The people follow accounts for money. These are real people but the account they are using to follow are built specifically to follow accounts.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have always thought that buying followers on social media websites is big waste of time because most of these so-called "followers" are actually bots who have no real value. They are made using thousands of artificial accounts using phones by many scammers who run in many parts of the world. This is where they market their gigs on Fiverr. The title of their gigs look something like "I will give you 1,000 followers on Twitter for X Amount of dollars".

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
It is very important to take good research of whatever things before emback on it. Most of the this media are very good and a place where one can advertise ones business and also get followers.
But its very sad that there are some people that are using that to scam people. So on just need to be care full while on media.

D

Deleted member 13140

they definitely will unfollow the person, i have never been a fan of buying followers, i love the grind, the process of figuring out why would people follow me, why? because i would NEVER follow anyone that i don't get value from, that's just the mindset trick, why would i follow you i don't get anything for you, equally i don't expect any follow if i don't give value, any follower you get from buying, it's just vanity metrics

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you build social media following by buying followers, these are either fake accounts, or bot accounts, or accounts of people who follow other people just because they receive incentives and they have no interest in the accounts they follow. These followers do not help you. You may not have a single like even if you have 1k followers.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I agree with your reasoning. People buy followers and engagements because they want to tell the work, how popular they are. People also buy follower and engagements to attract the advertisers and make money. It might take a lot of time, growing followers organically is best and also very durable.

Mika

VIP Contributor
People who are buying social engagements are doing for two reasons, for for personal vanity, two to trick advertisers and make money from false advertising. Some time back a popular Indian singer said that he bought followers on Instagram. He was criticised for doing that but he was also praised for admitting

Mika

VIP Contributor
You might have come across numerous sites that promise to build social followers and social engagements for free or for a certain price. If you use these sites, you can actually see growth (followers and engagements) on your social pages.

Let me exemplify, you buy a package that gives you 100 Twitter followers for $2. You care paying 2 cents for one follower. The site will ask its users to follow your Twitter account and will pay 1 cent for following and keep 1 cent as a commission. You get real people on your social page.

But do you actually benefit from using these tools and platforms?

The answer is NO!

Why?

People are following your page for incentive only, they will never bother with the content you share. They might even unfollow you after earning incentives.

Last edited:

kayode10

VIP Contributor
A serious Internet business owners should look beyond the buying fake followers for their Instagram page. Majority of them don't usually engage. What is the essence of having over 100,000 followers on Instagram and only few people are responding to your post. This is not good for a business growth.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When I was starting out, trying to build following and engagement so that I could earn as an influencer, I was also tempted to buy followers and engagements, if I had money I would have surely done back then. These days I thank myself for not buying followers and engagements.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The sites that sell social media followers or social media exchanges are actually a broker between the owners of social pages and the social media followers. Just like you join these programs to build a social following, a lot of people join these programs to earn some money, they follow your pages for money.

Setho

VIP Contributor
If you are going to buy social media engagement and followership from apps then it is important to know that these followers are not really interested in your content I may not even take time to look at it. The result is that anytime you try to run social media campaigns it is not always going to reflect based on the followers you're having.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have read in the SEO forum about the complaints of the buyers of followers and subscribers. They pay good money like $20 to $50 depending on the desired number of followers or subscribers. But after a week the numbers would be dwindling until they are all gone. Oh well, those are bots which means their action will not last for long.

AmaliaTG

You might have come across numerous sites that promise to build social followers and social engagements for free or for a certain price. If you use these sites, you can actually see growth (followers and engagements) on your social pages. These sites are actually a broker between the owners of social pages and the social media followers. Just like you join these programs to build a social following, a lot of people join these programs to earn some money, they follow your pages for money.

Let me exemplify, you buy a package that gives you 100 Twitter followers for $2. You care paying 2 cents for one follower. The site will ask its users to follow your Twitter account and will pay 1 cent for following and keep 1 cent as a commission. You get real people on your social page.

But do you actually benefit from using these tools and platforms?

The answer is NO!

Why?

People are following your page for incentive only, they will never bother with the content you share. They might even unfollow you after earning incentives.
People go for those sites followers broker sites to get followers because actually getting real followers and real engagement is a big challenge unless if you pay Facebook to market your content , otherwise you can be active even an year and still not hey many engagement or followers as you wish to have. They both have their own advantages and disadvantages. It really takes alot of work to build a following but with Facebook ads it's easy this days.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
This is a correct information, however there are certain sites which have a plan to keep the following. For Example, BMF marketplace, there members deal with direct people, or some times the third party, BMF itself do not interfere for commission. Those who unfollow after getting paid, they can bee blacklisted.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Any engagement that isn't real is bound to fail sooner before you know it. I know this from experience like you have already stated people will follow because of the incentive peddle at that time when once it is over people are unfollowing you. So it is a lot better to start from the beginning to have real followers for real engagement