Rental increase issues

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When the pandemic era started most of the small and medium businesses here have decided to close shop. Their reason is the big expense in the rental while the income has gotten smaller like 30% of the normal. Aside from the choking rental costs, most of the landlords are still continuing with the rental increase which is stipulated in the lease contract – usually there is a yearly increase of not more than 20%. To be frank with the issue, most of the foreclosed businesses went bankrupt due to the high rental cost. It makes me wonder why the owners of the mall and buildings do not have the consideration for their tenants.

Now that so many businesses are closing shops, landlords are also having a problem. They have no more tenants and the building is like not productive anymore. It has been a year that some buildings have no rent to speak of. Personally I do not pity those building owners because it is high time that they understand the rental issues that has been the complaint of tenant since a long time ago.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I don't really blame landlords for increasing the prices of rent because the pandemic made a lot of building materials to be at the high price. Landlords also depend on rents to feed your family and do other things. The pandemic really caused a lot of problems for businesses and the closure of business is also affected landlords.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Inflation have befall the world, very one is just increasing what ever he or she owns that is useful to drive money. The price of houses went up as a result of high coat of building materials and other items that makes life easier. Since everyone is increasing their products and their assets, it is okay right for the landlords to increase in order to keep sustaining themselves with the income generated from the renting apartments.

Briangsam

The global pandemic has been an issue for so many people and it irksome to learn or see that some people are taking advantage of the pandemic to milk people dry. How would you not try to reason with these business owners at a time as this?! Businesses are getting hit and shrinking but you as landlords want to keep getting full rentage as though nothing is happening. I have no sympathy for them.

Mellorando

Banned
How or shop increase in rent is definitely a big topic and a disturbing one at day most landlords tenant sometimes they pay more than what the suppose to pay this is in all areas wrong they should consider the financial standing of their tanents and know how to bill them

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Well in my own opinion I think humanity is lost and dead in this modernity world of ours. But we must also put into consideration that most of the rented properties are some people life investment and they are increasing the rents base on the either the demand of the respective properties or either on a beforehand signed documents.