Research Says That Meditation Can Reduce Pain

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Pain is one of the sensations in our body. Pain in body is signal to us and our body's way of telling that something is wrong at the site of the pain. Pain is obviously not something anyone would want to experience and by nature humans would want to prevent it. Unfortunately, sometimes pain can go to an extreme levels and in such situation nothing but a pain killer can help. There are certain ways to help manage your pain and one of the greatest way to manage pain is to meditate daily, according to a research conducted by the study authors of the Leeds Beckett University that shows that meditating for 10 minutes significantly reduced pain. So if you are a person who is less tolerable to pain, then meditation might be your best option.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had a conversation with a doctor about pain management. He agreed that Yoga and other kinds of meditation can actually help in controlling pain. Usually a terminal case patient is dependent on pain killers but is is not administered anytime. With pain management using the mind is one good way of relieving the patient of pain.

Sodiq

Meditation has alot of health benefits than reducing only pain, There are more to Meditation than what you can ever imagine. If you want an healthy life then meditate regular. Meditation offers many health and physical properties. One if the benefits you can derived from regular mindful meditation Is physical and spiritual healing. Doing meditation properly for a good number of days can help calm your mind and increase your awareness. You will found new peace within your self.

Studies shows that doing meditation for at least 15 minutes on a daily basis is said to has a lot of physical, spiritual as well as mental benefits. I also love doing mindful meditation, though I am not a master or professional in it but one benefits I noticed is that meditation can help you to stay focused. It will make you focused on any task or work, business you are into. Other hidden benefits of performing mindful meditation are listed below;

1. Meditation can helps regulate your blood pressure

2. It can boost your immune system as well as energy level

3. Meditation regularly can helps you to enjoy your sleep

4. Meditation will helps in improving your emotional stability

5. Mindful meditation regularly can helps enhance self confidence

6. Meditation can also helps reduces pain etcetera.

7. Mindful meditation may helps in reducing depression

8. Doing meditation regularly can helps you control anxi

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I knew that meditation can help you reduce the pressure when you're overwhelmed. I never really knew that meditation can also heal pains, that's great. I never really experienced such, and you didn't list out the kind of pains which meditation can help to reduce. I know it can help with emotional trauma which can be centred relationship pain, loss of love one, shock as a result of bad news etc. I believe that's the kind of pain you're talking about, and if so, then their is no secret because meditation can help in such aspect and keep the mind calm and not thinking much about the pains caused by the aforementioned pain causes.