Retirement Plans, Yet No Savings! Is This Possible?

Kendy

Verified member
This topic might seem contradicting, but I'm giving this insight from several experiences of retirees in my locality. A civil servant works here for 35 years duration although some are always lucky to be extended with an additional 5 years although you have the veto power to accept or reject it. Albeit, even with all these benefits, some workers in the public sector outcry of not having savings to start up life while awaiting the processing of their pension.

It's quite disheartening because a lot of people apportion the blame on them for not thinking ahead of life, or spending recklessly. Recently, I came across an elderly man and I was compelled to ask the reasons he didn't start up something while he was still in active service and he disclosed that he was down with a recurring sickness that wiped away his money. In cases like this, where health insurance isn't covered by the government, it's hard for these retirees to save a substantial amount coupled with economic crises. However, it's advisable to do something worthwhile during active service. Conclusively, there are lot of people out there with plans for retirement, yet they have no money to actualize these dreams.