Running a Dry Cleaning Business

Tundi Mick

I intend to start a dry cleaning business. I currently have one washing machine that has washer and dryer together, can I startup with Hisense 10kg washers and 7KG dryer. Please, who have a better idea on how to run a laundry or dry cleaning business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Laundry and dry cleaning are 2 different things. When you say laundry, you are right in having a washing machine because the clothes are washed with water and soap. It is the ordinary way of cleaning clothes that we know when you say laundry. Dry cleaning is a way of cleaning the clothes without washing. You may be surprised that the gown or the suit is not going to be washed in water. The dry cleaning uses a chemical to cleanse the gown or the suit so the fabric will not fade in color. I cannot explain the dry cleaning system because I have not seen how they do it. But I have a classmate who owns a dry cleaning shop. Their customers are usually hotels who needs to dry clean their expensive curtains. They also bring to the dry cleaner the coat and gown of their guests.

Nova

I think for those who like cleaning the clothes of people. For them those type of the business including dry cleaning wont be much of an issue. In fact it would be making them more money over a period of time. I can tell you that dry cleaners require a level of investment something which may not be easy if you ask me. You need some level of investment. And also require some amount of money to be put up for the cleaning and also hiring other people if you choose to get more people involved into the work.

For overall the spending on the dry cleaning business would be good if you happen to invest into that. Not a lot of time that would be possible but should be effort placed into it if you happen to do the work long term. I wish to get into this sort of the business and take things ahead.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Dry cleaning business is a good business to start up with, before starting up this business you will need to check the environment you want to establish your business, establishing a dry cleaning business in your area where there is constant light, clean water and more people living around, will make the business flourish, also being punctual to work, because many people pick their clothes very early in the morning.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
My friend run such a business for a client that pays him weekly. He didn't make progress around the business because the business was lacking customers based on wrong location. The location he choose to run the business us just a rural settlement with less individuals living around. And not all like taking their clothes to laundry cos of primitivity around them.

Samuel72

Verified member
You have something to start up with please do start with it. With time when there is enough fund you can always expand your business know that there's always room for expansion, though I don't know much about dry cleaning business you could do more research through the use of search engines.

Mellorando

Banned
Owning a dry cleaning business is a an excellent idea as long as your services are perfect and neat trust me you will get a lot of people to patronize you in Nigeria a lot of people own dry cleaning shops but it all depends on you standard of service that is how you present your work ,neatness of your work, and also time conscious when a client will be needing his or her clothes these are things to put into consideration