Saving for Retirement

raaman

Valued Contributor
When you are in your 20’s, retirement seems so far away that it hardly really feels right to save for your retirement. In fact, this is one of the most common reasons people do to justify not saving for their retirement. If this describes you too, you have to think about it.

Any person approaching retirement age will tell you that the years go by fast and building a massive nest egg will be harder if you don’t start early enough. You will also get other expenses you may not have yet, such as a loan repayments and a family to support.

You may not earn a lot as you start your career, but there’s one thing you have more than older people: time. In your time, saving for retirement becomes more pleasant and exciting-hopefully. You’re probably still paying off your student loans, but even a small amount saved for retirement can make a big difference.

Briangsam

It is important to plan well and early for retirement. When planning for retirement, the truth is that the earlier you start saving, the better off one could be, thanks to the power of compound interest. And even if one begins saving late or have yet to begin, there are steps one can take to increase one's retirement savings. It's never too late to get started.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was younger I didn't mind retirement. To be honest, I had that scary feeling that I might not even reach retirement age. That is a fatalistic idea but it was true with me. When I was nearing retirement age what I did was to save money as a cushion because I know that the monthly pension will not be sufficient. Fortunately I was right and it was good that I had some savings of my own.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
When I was younger I didn't mind retirement. To be honest, I had that scary feeling that I might not even reach retirement age. That is a fatalistic idea but it was true with me. When I was nearing retirement age what I did was to save money as a cushion because I know that the monthly pension will not be sufficient. Fortunately I was right and it was good that I had some savings of my own.
Good experience, youth may think they will not retire, but actually department itself write down the date of superannuation when they join. We do not even have pension benefit in our country since last decade (expect for those who joined before it was ended). I perhaps have to do more savings, and not only savings, perhaps to built up something because savings now is not enough with raising cost every year.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
When you are in your 20’s, retirement seems so far away that it hardly really feels right to save for your retirement. In fact, this is one of the most common reasons people do to justify not saving for their retirement. If this describes you too, you have to think about it.

Any person approaching retirement age will tell you that the years go by fast and building a massive nest egg will be harder if you don’t start early enough. You will also get other expenses you may not have yet, such as a loan repayments and a family to support.

You may not earn a lot as you start your career, but there’s one thing you have more than older people: time. In your time, saving for retirement becomes more pleasant and exciting-hopefully. You’re probably still paying off your student loans, but even a small amount saved for retirement can make a big difference.
It is very important to plan for retirement. Some civil servant do not plan for their retirement that is why many of them suffered after their retirement age.
It should immediately when one fain appointment that one should start planning for the retirement time because time is not on our side.
Procatination is a thief of time therefore you dont need to be prospone your plan so start immediately so that it was all matarialise in time.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Many people especially young people do not take their retirement plans very seriously in the sense that they don't know who that one day then we no longer have the capacity to be working as they are doing right now. It is therefore advisable for people to start planning for their retirement at a very young age and start saving money to start a side business that does not require a lot of work.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Starting early to plan and save for retirement should come in our mind as youths just with professional gig. We shouldn't forget that, their is life after retirement. And we need to build a means to sustain during that time, steady squandering of funds at our youthful time and not saving enough will do us bad during the retirement time.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, we need to start saving for retirement the same day we start working. When we are working, time moves faster than while we are idle. So we need not to be carry away with our age. When we start earlier, there will be more money for us to fall back on after retirement.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is very important for people to know that they will not be young forever and a time shall come when they will not be able to do a lot of work. It is therefore advisable for people to start saving for their retirement at a very young age and also be able to make a lot of investment in order to offer them when they are old. This is the reason why retirement plan is very important for everyone.

Samuel72

Verified member
Is very important for people to know that job cannot be reliable, the only thing that can be reliable is business or investments. Those who save money for retirement are not doing the right thing but still is good to save money for retirement. The best thing to do for retirement is to open a business or investment

Samuel72

Verified member
Is very important for people to know that job cannot be reliable, the only thing that can be reliable is business or investments. Those who save money for retirement are not doing the right thing but still is good to save money for retirement. The best thing to do for retirement is to open a business or investment