Saving on electricity at home

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Have you checked your light bulbs at home? Are you still using the old CFL (compact fluorescent lamp) or the modern LED? We had switched to the LED bulbs 2 years ago and we noticed the decrease in the electric bill. You may say that it is minimal but if you have a big house and many bulbs in use at night then you will certainly realize that you are saving on the electric consumption by at least 10%. For the old bulbs they were bought by the recycling center so we got a sort of rebate no matter how small. Our bedroom uses a bulb of 7 watts when before our fluorescent bulb was 40 watts. That’s clearly a big difference.

Nova

I do make sure to keep the lights off where the light is not needed. I make sure to also not use the electricity where there is not needed. I think some of the time it can get a bit difficult. I just have realized that if we are making use of the solar chargers for various things at home. That could also be one good thing for us where we can save on electricity long term too. I personally think that saving electricity at home is not an easy task but it can be done if all the people co-operate and handle the responsibility long term. I think that is one thing we can think about as well.

I think in near future solar chargers and the solar lights would be something many people would going for in the long term. I personally want to invest into that tech and can see it as a future for the home. However I am not sure how it would work out though for everyone.

Josemendez

Verified member
Electricity is one of the utilities that are quite challenging to people , especially those people that are still using the pay as you use system.

To help reduce the electricity usage , there is need to switch off the bulbs during the day , avoiding constant use of the electric cooker , especially when it comes to boiling water . gas cooker can be used as alternative.

In my country , there is a new electricity system called the prepaid meter system ,which allows one to be able to recharge for his electricity. here he is entitled to use the electricity at his will because he has paid a certain amount of money for the electricity, and will only need to top up his recharge when the first recharge finishes