Saving Money Self-Control And Saving Money

Trillionphil

Self-control is one of the many virtues that is something that can be learned by each and every person. And learning it will prove to be very significant in the way people handle their finances. Possessing a sense of self-control somehow helps people to put aside money instead of spending it. It helps people to resist the terrible "itch" they get to spend money the moment they get hold of it.

This is a common pitfall for most people. Often, when people come into a certain amount of money, they have this tendency to rush out and instantly satisfy the irresistible urge to splurge on anything they lay their eyes on. This is a very dangerous mistake. Sometimes people fail to recognize the idea that the future has to be considered, too, whenever spending and savings enter the picture.

The cliché "nothing is constant" still rings true until today. The stuff people see now as shiny and new will fade and rust away later. And patience and self-control makes people realize and think about the many other more important things that requires more of people's concern, specifically money-wise.

A person's financial success starts with a conscious effort to control one's expenditures and save up for the future.

Realizing the high correlation of self-control and saving money, the next question is, how do we start learning and acquire this virtue of self-control, which seems so elusive? Well, there are many ways which people often take for granted. Here are some of the less complicated ones that are easier to follow. Learn them, and hope they grow on you. Try to apply these easy steps in your daily living and surely they will bear you wonderful fruits on your way to financial stability and security.

1. Do not purchase items on impulse. Consider thinking if you really need the item, or maybe you can still put it off for later when you really have the need for it.

2. Identify the your needs from wants. You wouldn't want to spend so much on something that you may regret doing so in the future.

3. Look for a person who can serve as a role model for you and adapt a financial life similar to what he does. In this way, self-control will seem very easy when you see that others are actually doing it.​

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Self control is a habit that is needed by everyone. A lot of debt that stare people in the faces wasn't borne out of hunger but mostly from greed and lack of self discipline. When once we love the good things of life excessively then debt will come into the mix. To save any amount of money needs self control, anything in Vogue today will be outdated in a matter of time, so it's isn't a do or die affairs if you can't get that lovely pair of things today, know that the world is evolving and better version of that thing will be out in no time and you can get it then, when you are a lot financially comfortable.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was younger I had no control of my finances because I always think that I will have money when payday comes. It is all right then to borrow money when I overspend. But in fairness to me the usual overspending was due to my generosity. When I met my wife that was when I somehow learned how to control the spending. She would say that money earned should be saved at least a portion. It is ironic because when I learned how to be frugal it seemed that my wife had inherited my habit of overspending. Funny but it is true although she is now mild with that habit.

Nova

I remember making a lot of financial mistakes and that is because you tend to have less experience in the life. That approach is what we have to understand because age plays a big role here. And people don't understand that they have to consider that the saving of money is possible only when they tend to make the investment of the time and the money the right way. There are people who have self control since their childhood. And then there are people who learn things late in their life.

I think for those who have self control when they go out in places where there are lot of things to buy. I think you would find out that saving money is pretty useful when you realize a lot of things you don't need as well. That's what we have to learn as well.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Exercising self control helps us to control everything about ourselves which includes our resources or finances. It better for us to exercise restraints when we find ourselves trying to do things out of self control. Self control is key to having a stable financial life and it best for us if we can exercise that restrains and exercise self control.

Victor001

Savings and self-control work hand-in-hand if you can control the amount of money coming in I see no reason while you shouldn't exercise a bit of self-control in money management, if you can master the art of self control then you have a good chance of becoming a successful investor. most mistakes enterprenure make is combining profit and capital,savings and investments and this is not good for the result outcome.

Godslamp

People use a variety of terms for self-control, including discipline, determination, grit, willpower, and fortitude. I would rather say that self control is the ability to control behaviors in order to avoid temptations and to achieve goals. Self control and saving goes hand in hand. Someone who does not have self control can never be able to save and vise versa. Human want they say can never be satisfied. It takes self control to differenciate between wants and needs thats the only way one can curtail expenses in order to be able to save

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You have said it all, saving cannot be possible except their is a little tone of self control. Sometimes, we may be tempted to buy some things even irrelevant things at times. Self control or discipline will prevent us from carrying such an act. It will take a long way for someone without self control to save or invest in anything.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Self control is very necessary when it comes to managing income. When one's love for materialistic things grows so high to an extent it is very hard to develop that saving attitude. Saving can be carried out effective if one cultivate that act of discipline in his or her life. Without financial discipline one can't be no where near saving reasonably.

Timison

Poise is a propensity that is required by everybody. A great deal of obligation that gaze individuals in the appearances wasn't a result of appetite yet for the most part from ravenousness and absence of self-control. When once we love the beneficial things of life unreasonably then obligation will come in with the general mish-mash. To set aside any measure of cash needs discretion, anything in Vogue today will be obsolete in a short time, so it's is certifiably not a sink or swim undertakings in the event that you can't get that exquisite pair of things today, realize that the world is advancing and better form of that thing will be out in a matter of moments and you can get it at that point, when you are a great deal monetarily agreeable

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Before one will be able to save money ,there must be self denier .
Some time when you have enough money on you there are two things that Will be coming to your mind,first should I save this money or to spend.
In this case the self denier will only comes in when you save and forget it where you save it because there is tendency that you may save and still went back their yo collect.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Before one will be able to save money ,there must be self denier .
Some time when you have enough money on you there are two things that Will be coming to your mind,first should I save this money or to spend.
In this case the self denier will only comes in when you save and forget it where you save it because there is tendency that you may save and still went back their yo collect.
Definitely, a lot of saving comes from denying self of a little things to save money. There are so many beautiful things out there, so it needs one exhibiting self control to be able to have a finance that one can be proud. So self control is needed in finance