Selling Digital Products Vs. Selling Services: Which is Better

Mika

VIP Contributor
Selling digital products means you sell ebooks, online courses, design bundles, NFTs, podcasts, etc. Selling services means you see your writing services (content writing, blog writing, copywriting, ebook writing, etc.), designing services (graphic designing, web designing, etc.), video editing and animation, consultation services, etc.

If you have writing skills, you can either sell your writing services or create digital products from your writing skills (ebooks).

If you have graphic designing skills, you can either sell your graphic designing services or create digital products through graphic designing skills (SVG files, NFTs, etc.)

If you have video editing and animation skills, you can either offer your editing and animation services or start producing video content for youtube and other sites.

In my opinion and experience, selling digital products is better than selling services. That’s because when you create a product, you can sell it again and again, but when you are selling services, you should work on each order. Therefore, if you are not already selling digital products already, you start now.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There is no need to choose one, why not do both at the same time. For instance, you can create digital products and list them for selling on Etsy and also offer your services on Fiverr. Unless you are high selling freelancer who always has dozens of assigns piling up, you will always find time to create digital products for yourself and sell through digital marketplace. When you are selling your products, you do not have to work every day upload your product, do some SEO and digital marketing and boom, your product is ready to take off. I sell my freelancing services through Fiverr and also sell through Etsy. I am not always occupied by Fiverr, I always have some time to create digital products. If I have to choose one, I will choose the one that is making me most money. Currently, I make more money by selling services.

andrewecook

Actually selling digital and physical products both are comparatively one kind of service. Create any digital products once and sell them repeatedly but where it is a matter of service you have to work on them repeatedly. To my mind, whatever you do, along with trying to make and sell digital products, will work as extra financial support.

Suba

Staff member
Of course everyone will answer differently, which one is better Selling Digital Products Vs. Selling Services, because it will be affected by the expertise and experience of the person himself. But I think everything is good and the important thing is that people want to be creative and try to make money.