Selling of Frying Plantain a good business?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I know that this my article may sounds funny but I will like you to reason along with me.

In my country in noticed that whenever am coming from office there are some woman staying beside the road Selling this Frying plantain. And some times when i get there people uses to be plenty waiting to buy the Frying plantain with groundnut. This woman will also put Groundnut that one can use to eat the Plantain.

One day I just try it when i got there I bought one very hot one with groundnut and you know what; its very sweet . I belive that many of us here might have tasted it . In my country we use to call it (Boli in my dialect).
I belive that one can modernise it and give it a good packaging and by so doing one can make a lot of money from it or what do you thinks?
How Lucrative did you see this business?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To tell you that it is not lucrative is a lie. But you have to consider many factors. Nowadays, plantain has become expensive because there are bandit disturbing the farmers. Aside this, you need to find that right location for such a business. It is most preferred by working class people.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
selling plantain is a very good business and you can make a whole lot of money from it provided you are in the right location. This type of business requires a very good location for you to make something tangible. You also have to consider your capital and the shop in which you will rent. if all these factors are ok for you then you should go ahead with the business.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Plantain frying still a lucrative business as people crave for different snack. I have a friend over here who is engaging in business of selling frying plantain. He has different boys helping to sell across the street and earn commission based on the number of that fried plantain be sold.

Jonaville

Poster I think what you meant to say is roasted plantain not fried plantain. Roasted plantain also known as 'boli' is definitely a good business idea. but you have to target a place where there is high pedestrian traffic. Also make sure that it is neat and pleasing to look at, then you will see people rushing you.