Business Ideas Selling of ice blocks

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Ice block business is the selling of ice blocks to make money. This business becomes lucrative in Nigeria because of the hot weather and the instability of electricity power. I know this business sounds like making money from the discomfort of people but trust you can make more money than you think from it. You can start this business in either indoor or outdoor. The two main important tools you need to be successful in it is “Refrigerator and Generator” this two equipments will really help you in this business.
You will make more earnings in this business if you to be at a place where the electric power is not stable, because it is what will bring you more customers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not sure if this can be a profitable business here because I do not see people buying ice. People selling sodas and icecreams on the roadside might be in need of ice and they may not be manufacturing all the ice they need. I will have to look more into this business line.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a lucrative business in Nigeria due to epileptic power supply . The power system in Nigeria is totally collapsed and this is the more reason why the business will strive. The only challenges is that you will need to power the Ice block machine using electrical power generator.

mbig3773

Yes that kind of business could work. But there shouldn't be any shops nearby. Too many competitions.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The main clients of ice block delivery are the fish vendor in the wet market and the restaurants (although it is more for the tube ice). The block of ice is commonly used by ambulant ice cream vendor too. When there is a party usually a block of ice is needed for assurance to have ice before the party ends. This is a tropical country so ice is a good product.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Selling ice block in very profitable in a hot temperate region where is constant sun shine and heat. I work in a bottle water manufacturing company who is also making ice blocks. There is a high demand for block as most of the roadside beverage sellers make use of ice block to make their soft drinks cold.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Selling of ice blocks a good business idea. firstly go to the very good location is very much important because the business is not lucrative in places where people have freezers. You need the location where electricity is not constant. You also need to have some capital in order to venture into it.