SEO Tips For High Performing Articles

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not a writer, therefore, I am not giving you tips to write better articles. I am a content creator and I will be giving some tips on how to do SEO while writing articles so that your articles perform well on search engines.

High performing article means the article that receives a lot of search traffic and becomes viral on social sites (thus generating a lot of social signals and huge referral traffic). High-performing articles mean an article that gets a lot of engagements (views, social shares, comments, clicks on ads, clicks on product links, etc.), thus, reducing bounce rate and generating revenue.

Write “Guide” articles and “How to” articles: “Guide articles” are likely to generate 3 times more traffic than normal essay-type articles and “how to articles” are likely to receive 1.5 more organic traffic compared to general articles. Therefore, whatever topic you are writing on, make sure you write a guide or how-to article.

Add lists to your articles: Research by SEO company Semrush found that most high-performing articles have 1-2 lists for every 500 words. Articles that have lists are likely to receive 68 percent more organic traffic compared to articles without lists.

Add H2, H3, and H4 Tags: About 47 percent high performing articles include H2, H3, and H4 tags.

webhostingworld

When we talk about the SEO elements, there are 2 major segments in it.
1. On-page SEO- refers to the elements that are on your website which can be controlled by you. For e.g.:
a. Keyword usage
b. Content quality
c. Adding internal linking
All of these will contribute to the increased traffic to your website
2. Off-page SEO- refers to the elements that are outside your website that you cannot directly control. For e.g.:
a. Backlinks – i.e., the links from another site to your site. you can create high-quality content, and use proper keywords in your content so that more websites give you backlinks. The greater number of backlinks you get, the more your website's visibility increases.
b. Social signals/ social media – The more people who reach your content or share it, the more likely you are to get backlinks. Also, this indirectly boosts your SEO.

The following are some of the most essential SEO ideas and strategies that one can follow while performing SEO and gaining traffic for oneself.
1. Keep your content fresh and relevant by regularly updating it.
2. Use alternative tags
3. Possess a website that is worthy of linking to
4. Targeted words should be used in all the right areas
5. Remove anything that slows down your site

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Here are my two cents on how to write high performing articles and how to do seo on your articles so that they perform well on search engines.
Planning: Before you start writing, you need to plan your goal. Planning your goal means understand what you try to achieve from the content you are writing (selling products, marketing products, providing information, etc.). Planning also refers to making a schedule for your content publication. Do you want to publish every day, every week, twice week, twice month? You need to make a calendar for your content and publish accordingly.
Understanding your audience: Once you know what you are publishing, when you are publishing, you need to understand your audience. Understanding your audience means knowing your readers and visitors, understanding what they actually want and providing what they actually are looking for. You should know the demography of your audience, for instance you should know who they are, how old they are, how they re consuming your content. how they are interacting your content, what type of content they like most, on which page they spend more time, what kind of products and ads on your site that engage with, etc. You need to find your audience data.