Short Term Stress

raaman

Valued Contributor
Short-term stress or being very busy for a period of time is not unhealthy. Prolonged stress, on the other hand, can be both mentally and physically stressful. The state of stress occurs when external or internal demands exceed the resources you have.

When faced with something that seems stressful, the body releases stress hormones, including cortisol and adrenaline. You get palpitations and the blood circulates faster around the body. It can be useful if, for example, you perform something extra in a shorter period.

The problem arises if one is stressed for an extended period of time. It is unhealthy for the body to be in constant alert. What happens is that when you are overloaded, you react with stress.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Most of us over stress our bodies all in the name of making money. I have gone two days straight without commenting nor posting on any forum all in the name of I want to give my body stress. When our body is over stress for a longer period of time. It may affect our brain and thus may cause trauma or even migraine. The best way to manage stress is by scheduling our time. And create time for all activites we may be involving in.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I know how down I can be if stressed so I try to stay away from anything stressful. The body reacts negatively to a stressor, so it is always good to find out these stressors and nip them in the bud. Issues of life never go completely. So the best bet is to manage it in a way that isn’t stressful

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Short-term stress or being very busy for a period of time is not unhealthy. Prolonged stress, on the other hand, can be both mentally and physically stressful. The state of stress occurs when external or internal demands exceed the resources you have.

When faced with something that seems stressful, the body releases stress hormones, including cortisol and adrenaline. You get palpitations and the blood circulates faster around the body. It can be useful if, for example, you perform something extra in a shorter period.

The problem arises if one is stressed for an extended period of time. It is unhealthy for the body to be in constant alert. What happens is that when you are overloaded, you react with stress.
I always observe myself to know when I am stressed and I always try as much as possible that i also take a break because I know stress is not good for the body not to talk of the mind. People are even doing their self more harm than good if they are not able to control their stress because it can lead to something more serious.