Should parents bequathe their wealth for their children to start their businesses?

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
There is nothing wrong with parents helping their children to be stable in life after all that is the main purpose of all parents provided they have the financial ability to do it. Normally it will not really be a nice idea when the parents are wealthy but their children are struggling to survive just because they want the children to establish their own business by themselves .

The only issue I might have is that in most cases some children seems to be radical in the sense that they tends not to obey what their parents said and as such it may not really be an encouraging factors for most parents to support people who behave in an inappropriate way because they believe that they may not get serious with their life and the money they are going to spend on them might be useless . It all depends on the child and the parents.

Suba

Staff member
I agree more with Jackie Chan's opinion, because every child has a different character and personality, it would be better for us not to inherit our wealth directly, but parents must guide and direct children so they can live financially successfully. In addition to parents being obliged to pay for their children's schooling, but to inherit their wealth can be done indirectly, so that children will understand and know how difficult it is to make money, so they must practice frugal living and have a plan. This strategy has been practiced by my aunt to her son who is going to open a shop. My aunt only lent the shop without rent to her son and gave him a little capital. In addition to capital, she borrowed money from the bank and installment payments had to be paid by her son, with the aim of training her son to be able to manage money and increase responsibility.

Etini

Valued Contributor
One of the books says that a good father leaves an inheritance for his children's children. Notice that it did not say his children but his grandchildren. I regard any person who does not leave something for his child as a monumental failure. With the way the economy the difference between some children that would make it and those that won't make it is the headstart they got from their parents.

Imagine a child whose parents left land for. That child would easily build a house whereas a child who has to struggle to come and buy land would take a long time to achieve that feat.

I have already plotted my own life and structured it so that my children would step into prepared stuff. Things are so hard now. Education is not even the best legacy again. Let us all strive to make our kid's life easier by giving them a headstart with inherited properties.