Should You Start Promoting Your Blog With Just One Post?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Four years ago when I started my blog, I was not aiming to build my blogging career and build passive income. I was earning through social media marketing and a lot of clients were asking me if I had a personal website where they could check my portfolio, read customers reviews and also leave their own reviews.

I launched my one page website where I shared my resume that also included my work experience. It was such a happy feeling that I started sharing my website link on my social pages. Since I had a lot of followers, I received good traffic. Sadly, the bounce rate was 99 percent.

Why I had such a high bounce rate?

Well, a website will draw traffic with low bounce rate when it has useful and interesting content that the visitors will be encouraged to click one after another. My website had just one page.

Therefore, I started to build content so that the visitors would find something interesting to read and share, and in return I will get new contacts and reach new audience.

Based on my experience, I would say do not hurry with blog promotion. Publish a lot of useful and interesting content to keep the audience involved, so that you can build quality traffic steadily.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I launched my bog, I also created a facebook page and twitter account for my blog. I used my blog url on twitter profile and facebook profile. I also used the same logo and started promoting my blog post. The writer I hired was giving me 2 articles every week, therefore, I published 2 posts every week on my site and shared the links. I continued paying the writer to write more articles and started sharing on twitter and facebook. My pages did not have a lot of followers, therefore, the traffic was negligible. However, in the long run, I benefited.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Anyone who wants to venture into blogging must have at the back of his mind that it is not something you will just start today and become successful immediately, but you should see it as a career.

Blogging is actually a career because it has a lot of things in store for you if you do it the right way. Assuming you have published a lot of articles on your blog, then you could actually be getting out of visits because of the amount of followers you have on your social Media platform.

This is why it is always very important for people who are offering any service to try as much as possible to have their own websites because the opportunity can present itself and from there you can monetize your blog and get a lot of visitors.

There are so many things you need to have or know if you really want to become successful in blogging such as how to do search engine optimisation and also how to properly build backlinks. This will help you retain your customers and on the long-run retain your visitors.

A lot of people are always looking for useful information on the net and if you can provide that, then you are on your way to success.

Mika

VIP Contributor
First of all, you need to be clear on what is your purpose for blogging. Do you want to blog for money? Do you want to blog for building readers for your articles? Do you want to blog for promoting your products/services? Do you want to blog for content marketing? Once you know your purpose, you can act accordingly.
By the way, whatever your purpose of blogging might be, you need traffic on your blog. Whether you want to blog for money, for building readers, for promoting products and services, for content marketing, you need traffic. Without traffic you cannot earn from ads, can not earn from product sales, cannot build readers, cannot market products. Traffic is the blood and bones of your blog.
The primary purpose of promoting your blog is to get traffic. You will have more traffic if you have more content (provided they rank well and you do promotion), however, your blog still needs traffic even when you have just one post. Well, when you have one article, your blog will look empty, but you can tell your readers the website is under construction. IN the meantime you can also explain to the readers what you are going to publish in the future.