Signs that a PTP platform might soon crash.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Platforms that offer payment for posting on their forums have increased over the past year. They have provided a viable option for people to make money from their online activities. We have heard of stories of paid-to-post platforms crashing with members' earnings trapped inside.

But everything that would happen always has signaled. It is either some people can't recognize the signals or are too carried away to perceive when these signals occur. I am going to bring out two things that might show that a PTP platform is coming to an end.

1) Incessant Delays in Payment: While I agree that there are factors that might cause delays in making payments to PTP users. When it is becoming too frequent or too long, please stop posting there because the end is inevitable.

2) Owner becomes incommunicado: This always coincides with delayed payments. The owner of the site is not taking on the site. If the owner stays mute for some time, then, he/ she has given up on the site. What are you still doing there? The owner is not replying to PMs and not posting updates, please leave that site because it is not your father's site you must die there.

When these two things occur, the site is nearing its end. Move on.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right these two are the very clear signs that the site is almost coming to an end. I think we need to look out for these signs and move on as quickly as we can. the truth us that we can't even do much to the site admin when the site crashes as such the earlier we moved on the better for us.

it is good to always withdraw from the sites online when once you get to the minimum cashout unless you are sure that the admin is a trust worthy one that mi matter what it is the admin will be willing to still pay even when the site crashes

This is one thing that the site postloop did, even when it crashes and it was bought by a new admin they did well to settle all the users that had requested for payment before the site went off

Suba

Staff member
Even though many new PTP sites have sprung up, it is not easy to manage PTP sites, especially if the manager/admin is inexperienced or new, so many PTP sites are sold and change ownership. mainly because the ptp site can't be monetized due to too much spam and off-topic comments, so the site can't make money which in the end can't pay its members. Another sign a ptp site is about to crash is an inactive admin.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Yeah sure those could at times be a signal to show you that a site is going to crash soon but you know not all the time. What if the owner was ill and couldn't come online to do his administrative duties or was caught up with something or even has connection problems?

So those may be parameters that one may use to determine but not precisely say that a site is about to go down.

And infact there are sites that went done abruptly without showing any of those signs. At times the owner plots it or any way it could be or at times the site gets hacked by bits or other things of that sort and manner.

But surely I agree with you that lack of promptness by the owner of a site in one way signals that the site may be experiencing a down time and is susceptible to crashing down.

Etini

Valued Contributor
@Paul Abel how can an admin of a forum have connection issues? If such happens, they should close down such a forum as soon as possible. I would never take such a forum serious. If I that doesn't have a digital business cannot complain of connection problems, why should an admin of an onlyine forum have such an excuse?

I get your point about the admin being sick and all. But he/ she can just drop a hint of communication on his/ her forum. If you don't know what is happening to the admin, just know that he/ she has abandoned the the platform with all it's members.

An admin in an online forum is the very soul of that forum. He cannot be absent without any hint of communication. That is the clear truth. I joined one forum and I had not seen any post from the admin and his last seen is a long time ago.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
@Paul Abel how can an admin of a forum have connection issues? If such happens, they should close down such a forum as soon as possible. I would never take such a forum serious. If I that doesn't have a digital business cannot complain of connection problems, why should an admin of an onlyine forum have such an excuse?

I get your point about the admin being sick and all. But he/ she can just drop a hint of communication on his/ her forum. If you don't know what is happening to the admin, just know that he/ she has abandoned the the platform with all it's members.

An admin in an online forum is the very soul of that forum. He cannot be absent without any hint of communication. That is the clear truth. I joined one forum and I had not seen any post from the admin and his last seen is a long time ago.
Yeah it's very true that an admin as you have said is the very soul of any platform and in this case, forum. And I had no intention of raising an argument. All I was saying is that there are times when those parameters may not be accurate.

And infact Personally if I am to join a forum, I first check out for some things that show the forum is active in every way and the admin is the first entity I try to look at. The way he or she relates with his members and the history of payment coupled with the methods used for payment.

But it won't be surprising that an admin has connection issues. There are many times when the network in an area will just go down and if a forum's admin resides there, it will affect his activeness.

But I think once the absence of an admin gets prolonged: for me a maximum of 3 days, it signals just what you said.