Loans Simple tips to help you stay away from debts

Augusta

VIP Contributor
One thing I try not to indulge in is borrowing. I see a lot of people get embarrass by their lenders and I wish never to see myself in such position. A lot of borrowings are unnecessary if proactive steps are taken already. The following tips can help you live above debts

• Save and save: this tip can’t be over-emphasized. You need to save today to have money to spend tomorrow
  • Only indulge very necessary things. Leave spending on frivolities
  • Avoid impulse buying, buying what was never in your plan it will hurt your pocket
  • Buy big things after planning for it for a while
  • Lend your money with agreement written on black and white
How else do you stay away from debt?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We should avoid impulse buying, buy based on necessity. Spending on things that doesn't matter shouldn't cross our mind. We should always plan before spending, money spent doesn't return, that's why we need to be cautions when spending money to reduce the expenses and save enough funds for serving our needs tomorrow.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
We should avoid impulse buying, buy based on necessity. Spending on things that doesn't matter shouldn't cross our mind. We should always plan before spending, money spent doesn't return, that's why we need to be cautions when spending money to reduce the expenses and save enough funds for serving our needs tomorrow.
You are so right there. The Truth remains that spends never returned. That is the bitter truth we need to know and refrain from spending more than we receive. When once your expenses exceed your income you might be on the road to borrowing and before you know it you are in debt

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
When you over spend, you are likely to land yourself in financial troubles. You need to do all things with a laid down plans . Do do things irrationally. How life should be planned accordingly. The ways and manners that we used our lives should be planned and guided with utmost care . It's very necessary

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When you over spend, you are likely to land yourself in financial troubles. You need to do all things with a laid down plans . Do do things irrationally. How life should be planned accordingly. The ways and manners that we used our lives should be planned and guided with utmost care . It's very necessary
Definitely, it is very necessary to plan when it comes to our finance or else we see our selves in financial murky waters. Borrowing is one quick way to see self in heavy debt so it is better to avoid it as possible as we can. It will only save us from financial troubles but our peace of mind will be settled

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I always do everything possible never to borrow money from anyone because I hate being in debt. There are ways in which anyone can use in order to avoid taking or borrowing from anyone. Some of the ways is cutting your expenses and try as much as possible to save your monthly income even if it is 30% or 20% per month. if you have some savings it will go a long way to solve your problems in times of need.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
People may be in debt when some things didn't work out well for them and some times it's not as if they wish to be in debt but as a result of unforseen circumstances or situations. But how you can one be out of debt, is not to borrow from anybody, if you don't borrow or buy things on credit, you can't be in debt.

And lastly, save a lot because of unexpected situations!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I always do everything possible never to borrow money from anyone because I hate being in debt. There are ways in which anyone can use in order to avoid taking or borrowing from anyone. Some of the ways is cutting your expenses and try as much as possible to save your monthly income even if it is 30% or 20% per month. if you have some savings it will go a long way to solve your problems in times of need.
You are very right I hope come to this realization that accumulating more expenses than one’s income is a way of plunging self into debt. You can’t be above financial crisis when you are deep into debt. To live above debt via borrowing is to curtail spending especially on frivolities

Augusta

VIP Contributor
People may be in debt when some things didn't work out well for them and some times it's not as if they wish to be in debt but as a result of unforseen circumstances or situations. But how you can one be out of debt, is not to borrow from anybody, if you don't borrow or buy things on credit, you can't be in debt.

And lastly, save a lot because of unexpected situations!
Saving as been people’s saving grace for more than a decade now. You can’t tell the future this is why it is pertinent to save at least a part of your income from whatever sources. Being in debt can be frustrating so the best bet is to keep off from debt

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Saving as been people’s saving grace for more than a decade now. You can’t tell the future this is why it is pertinent to save at least a part of your income from whatever sources. Being in debt can be frustrating so the best bet is to keep off from debt
Savings have been around like forever, it's not something you can measure with near years. If you have no savings, it's as if you are almost working for nothing even if you save through assets or properties, you still need to save in cash. Because you don't know when you will need money for some things. Situations can be unpredictable anytime, you don't get to decide what's coming to you. So we all need to save.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Savings have been around like forever, it's not something you can measure with near years. If you have no savings, it's as if you are almost working for nothing even if you save through assets or properties, you still need to save in cash. Because you don't know when you will need money for some things. Situations can be unpredictable anytime, you don't get to decide what's coming to you. So we all need to save.
You are right mate, yeah we can put a time frame to when saving started but I’m sure as been long in existence. The truth is saving comes with immense benefits that is why one can either saved in cash or assets. Especially assets like lands that keep appreciating as the year roll by.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You are so right there. The Truth remains that spends never returned. That is the bitter truth we need to know and refrain from spending more than we receive. When once your expenses exceed your income you might be on the road to borrowing and before you know it you are in debt
That's the simple truth you've said. If we aren't disciplined enough we'll surely see our spending going higher than our income, and when it is like that, surely it leads to financial loss. That makes us think about borrowing you funds elsewhere to consolidate with our needs. That's bizarre indeed, we should always have budget for whatever we are spending for.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
One thing I try not to indulge in is borrowing. I see a lot of people get embarrass by their lenders and I wish never to see myself in such position. A lot of borrowings are unnecessary if proactive steps are taken already. The following tips can help you live above debts

• Save and save: this tip can’t be over-emphasized. You need to save today to have money to spend tomorrow
  • Only indulge very necessary things. Leave spending on frivolities
  • Avoid impulse buying, buying what was never in your plan it will hurt your pocket
  • Buy big things after planning for it for a while
  • Lend your money with agreement written on black and white
How else do you stay away from debt?
Good idea and I like the way your analysis is short, clear and under stable. But I want to add that one should plan early enough so that one will not started planning in hasty when the need comes up.
One must plan for unforseen circumstances so that when such occurrence occur one will not be rushing to borrow or enter in yo debt.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you are in debt more likely you have no more spare money to save unless your budgeting is in order. More often than not you hit rock bottom of your pocket if you give priority to your debt payments. In order to avoid piled up debts I agree that impulse buying is a contributory factor because you tend to buy even if your budget could not afford.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Staying away from debts in business is very different from staying away from personal debt. You need to use different approaches to get away from these two different debts. However, if you want to stay away from personal debts, even simple measures can help you, for example, not using credit cards, eliminating impulsive buying, avoiding junk foods, etc.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The first step to take you out of debt is my having what will call scale of preference. This will let you know how to differentiate between your needs and your wants. Most people are into debt because they don't know how to choose between want and need or maybe because they don't know how to choose between two conflicting needs. Until these are solved, debt is imminent.

Caramelle

Besides saving money regularly, one thing that has helped me avoid getting into debt is not having to keep up with my neighbors or friends. Many go into debt because they buy things they can't afford yet just because a neighbor or a friend has it. If you live in an upscale place, you will likely have to spend extra just because you live there. You may have to pay expensive HOAs fees and water bills. I live in an average subdivision where HOAs are affordable and neighbors are almost of the same class. I have regular friends who have the same interests and are just as frugal. I can appreciate my neighbor's new car or home cinema without being compelled to buy one for myself.​

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is very important indeed to steer clear from debt always. The points you have mentioned in this thread makes so much sense. But one thing I should note is that they all require self discipline for you to follow each of them. Therefore, you should be strong in controlling your spending urges.

One thing that helped me a lot in staying away from debts is managing my money well. But first, I had to learn how to earn that money for myself. Even if I am unemployed offline, I had to learn how to earn money online. Then I manage that money so well. You should always start by first satisfying your basic needs, luxuries should stay far behind in your budget. But remember to spoil yourself sometimes just for your sanity.

Another thing that helps you stay away from debts is avoiding impulse shopping as much as possible. That is where self control of urges should be the strongest. You need to learn to say no whenever you see something cool and want to buy it. When going for grocery shopping, write a list and go with the amount that is just enough for what you need.

Saving is very important too. When you have some money saved, you can use it to satisfy genuine financial emergencies instead of taking a loan.