Simple Ways to Save More Money

Cinderella

Do you wonder where your money has gone a couple of days after receiving your salary? Well, we had the same problem. Being an employee, I experience the same thing a lot of times. Oftentimes, no matter how much we planned to save a small portion of our salary, it seems like impossible. So when we run out of cash, that was the time when we start thinking of ways so we can save more.

Here are some of the practices worth doing if we are aiming to save more. I am doing it myself and I find it helpful. Feel free to add your own ways.

1. Bring Your Own Packed Lunch at Work

Bringing our own food for lunch can save us a lot of money. We can cook the food in the morning before going to work. Not only that we save some amount, we are also assured that we are eating healthy food.

2. Avoid Carrying Large Amount of Cash

Having a large amount of money with us every time can be a cause for us to overspend. Just bring whatever amount we need for the day. After all, we can withdraw if we need the fund for emergency purposes.

3. Learn to Say No

I thought going with the group whenever they order milktea from their favorite store is cool. Until I realized that it is not a good practice as I tend to overspend.

4. Get a Side Hustle or a Part-time Work

With the improvement of the internet, it is now possible to get an additional job which can be done during our free time. We can also offer products and services to our colleagues and neighbors. With this, not only that we earn additional amount, we also give ourselves time to engage in other activities which could be beneficial in one way or another.

Thank you for reading.

OlaAdams

well said dear. In addition to what you have said.
another better way to reduce the amount of money spent one should also cultivate the habit of choosing less expensive product for expensive once with the same uses. For example, if Clean is sold for $3 and Good Mama is solf for $3.7 in the market, knowing that they are detergent soap, they both serve the same purposes but are of different price in the market. Buying Clean will be better that going for Good Mama.
i hope you understand

Cinderella

You have the point OlaAdams. Yes, I don't buy product because of the brand. If I know that the quality of a cheaper brand would be equal to the more expensive one, I would definitely choose the former over the latter. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic. Additionally, I prefer buying in bulk whenever I can.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Stop repeating the same words or phrases. Make some point.
Number 2 is one of the things that have been causing me to spend a lot of money seriously,sometimes I always carry a lot of money inside my pocket and when there is money in your pocket will be tempted to buy a lot of things and do unnecessary things and before you know the money is gone.

Cinderella

Hi, Sotherefore! That's true. That's why I included it in my list. If we only have enough amount in our pocket, we can control our spending. One more thing, when other people know that you have money, they would rely on you to pay for their parcel and it can take sometime before they repay you for the amount. It can also attract people with bad motives to take advantage of the situation.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You #1 point reminds me of the time that I had many debts to pay. I couldn't afford to eat in the office canteen so I was bringing my own lunch which usually was the leftover of our dinner. But that greatly helped in my cause because I have cut on some expenses and I was able to pay off the debts.

Cinderella

Thank you for the additional information to support this premise, Alexandoy. Prior to this pandemic, I was sharing 1 Dollar for food because the prices of commodities back then was a little cheaper. However, this year, they are already collecting 2 dollars for lunch. This amount is somehow high. So bringing my own food is a good decision.

Another point is that if you were able to pay off your debt because you save some amount by having a packed lunch, then that would be a wise move on your part. Thank you for sharing.

Harivignesh

Do you wonder where your money has gone a couple of days after receiving your salary? Well, we had the same problem. Being an employee, I experience the same thing a lot of times. Oftentimes, no matter how much we planned to save a small portion of our salary, it seems like impossible. So when we run out of cash, that was the time when we start thinking of ways so we can save more.

Here are some of the practices worth doing if we are aiming to save more. I am doing it myself and I find it helpful. Feel free to add your own ways.

Bringing our own food for lunch can save us a lot of money. We can cook the food in the morning before going to work. Not only that we save some amount, we are also assured that we are eating healthy food.

Having a large amount of money with us every time can be a cause for us to overspend. Just bring whatever amount we need for the day. After all, we can withdraw if we need the fund for emergency purposes.

3. Learn to Say No

I thought going with the group whenever they order milktea from their favorite store is cool. Until I realized that it is not a good practice as I tend to overspend.

With the improvement of the internet, it is now possible to get an additional job which can be done during our free time. We can also offer products and services to our colleagues and neighbors. With this, not only that we earn additional amount, we also give ourselves time to engage in other activities which could be beneficial in one way or another.

Thank you for reading.
Well said and keep it up

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Human beings have both needs and wants and there is no way, our wants are always higher than the needs. We should learn how to prioritize our needs over our wants. This will help in long way in curbing the way we spend money and just like you suggested we should try to have some side attraction that will be fetching us money.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Gold plating is a common term used in project management and it simply means adding an extra to what you have already gotten. Ofcourse, this isn't necessary. It's like buying a phone and beautifying the phone with expensive pouch. The money that you spent on the beautification isn't necessary. It could be channelled to more useful things or better still save it for future use

Mika

VIP Contributor
Whether anyone realizes this or not but I believe you can save a lot of money by not using a credit card. Credit cards are the number one contributor to our expenses. If you don't have cash, you won't buy, if you use debit card you will be wise t not spend money on unnecessary item, but you act like it is free money while using a credit card.

Cinderella

I agree with that Mika. In fact, I don't have a credit card. I used to have one before but I decided to close it after a colleague borrowed it and bought a mobile phone using it. After that incident, I decided to stop using a credit card. I paid all my balance and closed my account.

Personally, I can control myself but with other people around me, I am certain that having a credit card is not a good idea.

Destinyfejiro

Nicely said dear.....
In addition to what you said I think it's better you go for what you need not what you want...using your scale of preference... And buy what you know you can afford , don't try to impress or compete with your peers over materials things .. all hands are not equal

3. Learn to Say No

Thank you for reading.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have always maintained that if you want to start a healthy saving journey the most important thing is to look for how you are going to reduce your expenses followed by how you are going to increase your income. You should look for how you are going to start cooking at home and also avoid things like paying for premium membership that you do not need.

blessingc

Saving money is important to save you from future occurrences. But it cost alot of patience, determination and discipline to save money without turning off.
There are different ways you can help yourself keep your savings, some of them include;
Going for your needs and not your wants, going for what's urgent and important and not what you feel will help your incovinience, reduce spendings most especially on costly products, go for what you can afford.
Set an amount you take out from your income for savings and don't touch it except out of necessity.
Whatever change you get keep it nothing is too little, alot of "littles" made up something huge

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Having a saving is very important especially for people who are doing 9 to 5 jobs even those who have businesses. The importance of savings cannot be underestimated because with savings you can actually have access to money in times of need and you can also use it to invest in profitable businesses that would actually give you a lot of money.

I always advise people who are working to look for a strategy in which they can use to be saving some percentage of their income and also to invest some certain percentage of their income and use the remaining to solve their daily problems and with this strategy anyone can actually have spare income and Investment on the long run.

I have come across a lot of people who retired from public services without any savings and investment and they end up becoming wretched after then. Actually anyone and everyone can avoid this because you need a lot of discipline.

You need to cut down your expenses and try as much as possible to budget. Making a budget is very important because it helps you to spend wisely.
It is also very important for you to avoid extravagant lifestyle.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The act of saving money should be indulged by any individual who simply proves that he or she is actually alert and cautious of a future this is because future and uncalled circumstances are prone to happen in the future unknowingly and to be able to handle this uncalled and unknown future circumstances an individual must save money so as to meet up with this future expectations . Really convincing ourselves about why it is very beneficial and important for us to make money can skyrocket our interest and our motivation to save more money but for one reason it's important that everyone have a side hustle apart from his self-employed business or his nine-to-five regular job . This is because he or she rather than dwelling on his or her business income or his salary to get paid before he or she save more money . having an online hustling activity helps him or her save more money than expected since he or she is more likely to get paid earlier than him getting paid from his regular jobs or business incomes .

Most importantly you must always learn to say no to things that you do not want so as not to spend money more than you would have spent in a particular day to be more elaborate you must have a budget of things that you need and do not need for the meantime .

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
From my understanding , food is one of the things that really consume a lots of people's money. I don't really know the best way to handle this . I also believe the best way to stop this is just to have our lunch pack just like you said because it will be much much cheaper for you to cook most of these things at home and bring it to your workplace than buying it directly at your work place. But the point is that so many people are complaining that they do not really have time to cook at home

For me I don't even know the best way to also handle this because this might also be affecting me and I spend a lot of money on food especially if I am working offline. I do not work for someone but I deal with solar installation and there are sometimes that work can be available for consecutively 2 weeks and during this. I only depend on eating outside which is always quite expensive.

I don't even know how to organise my time to be able to cook some of the things I am interested to take to my workplace.

Oluwasegun purpose

Do you wonder where your money has gone a couple of days after receiving your salary? Well, we had the same problem. Being an employee, I experience the same thing a lot of times. Oftentimes, no matter how much we planned to save a small portion of our salary, it seems like impossible. So when we run out of cash, that was the time when we start thinking of ways so we can save more...

There are many ways why we need to save money,we save money because of emergency and to invest for future....

If you want to save your money,if you don't want to keep it in your bank account you should open a wallet or any cryptocurrency those are the best way to keep money... because if you want to be keeping it at home no matter what you must be tempted to make use of it .... example you will like to buy sup like data, card or anything eatable....so come to think of it all those money you use to buy all this thing you can be saving them and use them for investment for future use

I will advise you if you are a salary earner try to be saving inside of your salary so that anyday you got sack from work you can still be able to survive in life.........

We save money for many purpose..........

E

eldavis

These are indeed very good tips but above all, the most important thing here is self discipline. If you do not have any self discipline, no matter what method you try to do, you would end up going back to your savings. I would advice anyone who plans on saving, the first thing you need to work on is having self discipline to be able to say no and also to restrain yourself from buying things you do not need.