Six Effective Ways to Make Money Online in Nigeria

Ejiros

How can I make money online in Nigeria fast?​

With access to a computer and working Internet connection, you are already halfway to making money online. The rest is just to find appropriate channels that will pay you for your time:

1. Trading bitcoin​

When high inflation rates and inaccessibility to banks make it insensible to deal with naira, it’s the perfect timing to look into cryptocurrencies as an alternative as these digital assets are decentralized, unaffected by economic recessions, and can be traded instantly.

Using peer-to-peer marketplaces such as Paxful, you can obtain bitcoin in various ways including but not limited to gift cards, PayPal or cash deposits, etc. Play around with exchange rates, bitcoin’s prices, and foreign exchange rates and you can make a big profit.

2. Offering feedback on websites and apps​

Websites aren’t born perfect. The popular websites we use now have gone through generations of modifications and remodifications – from feedback given by users.

Help out the next tech giants by spending 10-20 minutes to navigate their website and tell them what you think about it. Giving feedback on their questionnaires or tasks can earn you up to $60 per test through sites like UserTesting.

Difficulty: Easy; Speed: Fast

3. Taking online surveys and watching videos​

There are more easy ways than watching videos to make quick money online. On InboxDollars, brands have paid users over $56 million worth of cash rewards to take online surveys, read emails, play video games and watch videos – and offered coupons for grocery stores, or freebies from top brands in exchange.

Besides the money, what you’re doing is meaningful and reciprocal. Your responses on surveys will help big brands better design their products that match your interests, which you – the end-user – will enjoy eventually.

4. Playing trending video games​

While other apps pay you for playing small and perhaps repetitive games on your phone, Mistplay actually lets you play cool and famous games for gift cards. Some popular games that they offer include Words With Friends 2, Yahtzee, Clash Royale, Star Wars, etc.

The more games you play, the more you get rewarded. And guess what? Besides Amazon, Starbucks and Google Play gift cards, you can also receive your rewards for Xbox, Nintendo, and PlayStation – time to play even more games!

Difficulty: Easy; Speed: Medium

5. Searching online for your next purchase​

You may not believe me, but search engines probably know you better than your closest family members or friends do. Every question you want an answer to, or product you’ve wanted to buy for ages all become a result on a search page – and search engines are willing to pay now to understand these customer behaviors!

On Qmee, whenever you search, some sponsored results with price tags showing you how much you’ll earn by clicking on it will come up. You can click on them to receive rewards immediately, or use Qmee’s coupons and deals available to save on your next shopping spree.

How to make money in Nigeria as a student?​

Although the above game plans to make money fast are legitimate, it may take a couple of weeks or months before the profit is big enough to buy a few meals. In this section, we are going to show you a few ways that, although it may take a longer time, give you much more in return.

6. Teaching English online​

It feels great to use an existing skill to make an impact on other people’s lives, while making some extra cash, no? Sites like TeacherOn connect potential English teachers with students who speak English as a second language. Once signed up, you can set your own hours and start teaching wherever you are. Everything is done online, and you work according to your own schedule.

Teachers can earn up to 10,000 nairas per hour on TeacherOn, and get to watch your students improve over time – it’s a win-win situation.

Difficulty: Medium; Speed: Medium

PICKFORD

Verified member
There are so many ways you can make money online in Nigeria, trading forex and also investing in cryptocurrency is one of the best way to do that, many people also take online surveys as a means of making money online, you can also choose to sell your product or advertise your business using social media such as Facebook.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are many ways people get money in Nigeria these days. We have affiliate marketing which include promoting other people's businesses. Many people that are skillful in writing always go into blogging. There are many bloggers in Nigeria that have really made names for themselves. In fact, the list cannot be exhausted if we are to start listing.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Taking surveys could be tedious since most survey platform hardly pays a high some of money for top tier countries and most countries doesn't have any survey most times , I think affiliate marketing seems to be the best for me same with blogging , because of the options to earn from the platforms

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Blogging is another way of making money from Nigeria because of the low barrier entry. I know a Nigerian who set up a Blog targeting United States audience and he is making nothing less than $5000 per month. You can set up display adverts on your blog or promote affiliate offers to make more money.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Blogging is another way of making money from Nigeria because of the low barrier entry. I know a Nigerian who set up a Blog targeting United States audience and he is making nothing less than $5000 per month. You can set up display adverts on your blog or promote affiliate offers to make more money.
Exactly you can make more money if the target is mostly tier 1 traffic , since they have lots of advertisers and companies that are in those countries and are ready to spend on traffic to get sales to their service and products , I also know someone making hundreds of dollars per month too from his blogging

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Exactly you can make more money if the target is mostly tier 1 traffic , since they have lots of advertisers and companies that are in those countries and are ready to spend on traffic to get sales to their service and products , I also know someone making hundreds of dollars per month too from his blogging
Blogging is good for those who like writing and doesn't have enough money to start up online business. You know how to have fast results with your blog, it is important to have a basic knowledge of SEO. you should know how to charge it more competitive keywords and write well optimised content on those keywords.

Ajebo25

Verified member
There are so many other ways in which people can earn money online you can earn by:

Freelance: if you have copywriting, translating language's, graphics design and other you can join freelance sites like Upwork,Fiverr,pocoworkers,Latium, and more

You can also start a blog and earn revenue with adsense or you can start a YouTube channel.

Whatsapp tv: you can create a WhatsApp tv and earn revenue from ad request

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Here in Nigeria, we have numerous ways in which we can make money online. I want to list the three effective ways a lot of people don't make their money online even while staying at home.

Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is one of the best and effective way a lot of people do make their money online. Affiliate marketing can simply be defined as a process or means in which you advertise someone's else business or product then you get your percentage called commission in return,when any customer or consumer buys or purchase a particular product using your affiliate link.
This method of making money online is very good because you can make money from affiliate marketing even without having your own products for sale.

Blogging is the number 2 effective way to make money online here in Nigeria. This means of making money online is very legit but it requires a lot from you. As a blogger, you must sit down and write all create useful and quality content for you audience which is not easy.

Another effective way some people do make money online here in Nigeria is freelancing.

All these method of earning online here in Nigeria news skill acquisition.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are plenty of ways to make money on the internet no matter your geographical location.
Sometimes your graphical location can also be a barrier to the amount of money you can make online because there are some platforms that may not really be supported in your location.

You talked about inboxdollars and I don't think that platform is supported in Nigeria and some other countries. You can only make reasonable amount of money on inbox dollars if you are in the United States. There is also another similar platform called inboxpounds and I think that one is supported for people in United kingdom.
I was really very much interested in taking online surveys before and made lot of research. I was only able to make small amount of money but I don't think it is worth it at all because it takes a whole lot of time and you can be disqualified from participating in a lot of questionnaires.

There are also some platforms in which you can venture into and make money by giving feedback on products. There are a lot of companies that are producing new things everyday and they are ready to pay people to test them to see if they will release it to the market. Eg, Utest, Usertesting, etc.

E

eldavis

I was honestly expecting to see freelancing and affiliate marketing among the list. These are one of the two popular ways to make money here in Nigeria. Then we also have forex trading. I met a group of traders early last year that are seriously making huge amount of money from daily trades. Though the amount of risk they face, I don't think anyone can cope with that, you have to be mentally ready and prepared.

Finger Geek

Verified member
@Chibson I have known inbox dollar more than 5 years now since when they we're paying for paid to click and paid to read emails just like ysense when it was clicksense before changing it's name and functions. It was a website that I like working with then and I had many withdraws there.

But now that they have included surveys and offers. I decided to stopped working with the website because most of the surveys are not available of in my country. It was recent that I learnt some new ways to make money on the website. So I decided to re join the website and start making more money. But unfortunately for me, I noticed that they only accept new registration from US citizen.

Apart from making money with paid to forum. I don't waste my time with other free ways to make money. Only if I see that it is legit and easy to make money with. The only option I try to earn money with forex and cryptocurrency trading. And because I want to make it my first source of income. I keep on learning new things and strategies on how to never loss a trade.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
@Chibson I have known inbox dollar more than 5 years now since when they we're paying for paid to click and paid to read emails just like ysense when it was clicksense before changing it's name and functions. It was a website that I like working with then and I had many withdraws there.

But now that they have included surveys and offers. I decided to stopped working with the website because most of the surveys are not available of in my country. It was recent that I learnt some new ways to make money on the website. So I decided to re join the website and start making more money. But unfortunately for me, I noticed that they only accept new registration from US citizen.

Apart from making money with paid to forum. I don't waste my time with other free ways to make money. Only if I see that it is legit and easy to make money with. The only option I try to earn money with forex and cryptocurrency trading. And because I want to make it my first source of income. I keep on learning new things and strategies on how to never loss a trade.
Definitely, I tried to register on the platform sometime ago and my registration was rejected. Even if they are accepting people from developing countries, you cannot make a tangible amount of money because most of those platforms only favors people in tier 1 countries.

If you are in a developed country then it is very much more easier for you to make some good amount of money even if you do not have a skill. The best thing if you are in a developing country is for you to learn things like forex trading or crypto currency trading and make your money.

I believe making money online requires some level of skill because I have been on the make money online space for some time now. Actually working on various paid to post platforms is very good especially for people in developing countries.
I am currently a cryptocurrency trader and I will say that it is definitely one of the best ways in which anyone can make money is no matter their country of residence.

The opportunity in cryptocurrency is enormous and if you have proper knowledge of how it works and how to make your profit then you stand a chance of making a whole lot of money without any restriction.

Finger Geek

Verified member
The opportunity in cryptocurrency is enormous
You are right. There are many ways to make money with cryptocurrency. There are ways that requires no investment while some that requires investment. One of the free way is through faucet.

Faucet is a way of getting cryptocurrency freely by just solving captcha and getting paid with few satoshi. But very few satoshi is be given in which sometimes$1 can not be made in a month.

The best way to make money with cryptocurrency is to invest on it. And the more the capital, the money the profit There are two ways to invest in cryptocurrency. Which are trading the coin and holding the coin and sell it when the price rise.

allison001

Verified member
Here in Nigeria, making money online in very difficult for some people, especially making money online by playing games.
A lot of people across do make so much money online by playing games even while staying at home. But here in Nigeria it is really difficult to make money from this means.

Even with that, we still have numerous ways to make legitimate money online here in Nigeria.

Completing online survey is one of the best and legit way a lot of people here in Nigeria do make their money online. Though this method of making money online is somehow difficult and stressful, but at least it helps at times.

Some people also make money here in Nigeria by selling their unused items like clothes on eBay. Some people also do this using social media like Facebook.

We can also make money online here in Nigeria as a blogger. As a blogger you'll really work hard writing unique content to post on your blog. You must also try as much as possible to monetize your blog.

Here,in Nigeria people also make money from Fiverr by selling gigs.

So we still have lots of ways to earn online here in Nigeria.

Kendy

Verified member
I have actually registered on Teacher-On and till date, I have not received any feedback. Recently, I got an email on my spam folder and I got an invite to participate on a tutoring site called Eudoyka. I researched it on Google and I saw reviews but I cannot ascertain how legitimate it could be in terms of payment, so I still have not given it a try. There are sites for Nigerian writers like Scooper and Operanewshub, if you register on those sites and get approved, you can definitely earn good amount of money which is disbursed on a monthly basis. The requirement is to write an article which is original, captivating and non plagiarized, which after you have been approved, you would be demanded to choose a particular niche to place your focus, so you can attain efficiency. The payment method I through; Opay, Kuda bank, Payooner and other related Nigerian banks.

Transcription is also one job in freelancing which is paying very well. If you can learn languages like; Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, German as a second language, you would be more opportuned because you would be getting a lot of gigs, and even from one payout, you would have made so much money.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Thank you for sharing, if I am interested to make money here I will consider making money by trading of bitcoins, that I don't really know about making money by taking surveys because most surveys website do not really accept people over here making it quite difficult for people in African countries to make money.

Bitcoin's require perfect understanding to be able to trade and make profit because you have to know when the price is coming down and when the price is going up. Even if you won't be able to predict it perfectly , but you have to know it to a certain percent of accuracy at least 80 .

I've never come across any website that will ask me to play games to make money, I Heard so many people are claiming that they have been making money consistently by playing games but for me I never had experience of that before.

I do not like ways you can just make money without knowing the future potential of the online business , and if I am interested to make money online in anyway I have to consider the type of online business that can possibly last for a long time.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The country Nigeria is considered to be a developing country , because not everyone in it have accurately and efficiently adapte to this modernize and technology-based system of things . Not everyone is Nigeria have a good source of income that is an income that is considered to be passive that is why majority of Nigerians are living in abject poverty or poverty-stricken . but yet a lot of people are making it in Nigeria despite the economic and political situation that have lower the standard and cost of living of it people . Online business and online work has been a lifesaver too many jobless Nigerians and a lot of people have been making it big or earning huge amount of income online by performing on various online investment and online jobs .

Cryptocurrency and forex investment has been one of the strategy a lot of people in Nigeria have been using to make money online . Individuals all Nigerians between the age of 40 to 50 and still acquiring knowledge about cryptocurrency and forex investment because they are sure to earn real amount of money from it . It is advise not to allow the poor economic situation of your country to kill your motivation to make money you can indulge in online businesses and investment so as to still earn a considerable and positive amount of money online .

Rachael

Verified member
The ability to make money in Nigeria has never been an easy one due to the harsh environment the authorities have created for their citizens. In a country where the government does not ensure to make the environment conducive and enhance or foster development, it becomes very difficult for citizens to thrive. In addition to this, the non-availability of infrastructure and basic amenities has made it very unrealizable to make something substantial. However, no matter the harsh condition, we still find prudent ways to survive in different aspect because it is more like the survival of the fittest.

Lack of electricity supply in Nigeria has posed as one serious threat when it comes to making of money online and poor network coverage is also an impediment. Restrictions on some sites by the government who enjoys seeing its citizen in penury has also been a way to keep Nigerians at a lowly state. There are still ways we make money which include; Cryptocurrency trading, despite the fact that the myopic government have placed an unnecessary ban on this, there are always still ways to go about this, Affiliate marketing is also one of the best ways of earning money, offering tech skills and freelancing.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are so many ways to reach you can be able to make money on the internet in Nigeria . It is a country that is known for its very slow internet speed and lack of electricity but you can be able to navigate through if you are staying in a good area or you have provisions for all this kind of amenities .

1. Freelancing . If you are a freelancer in Nigeria you can be able to work with clients that are both within the country and outside the country from the comfort of your home . The beautiful thing about it is that you're going to be paid mostly in foreign currencies and due to the exchange rate you are going to be getting the best value for money. In order to start freelancing you definitely need to acquire the skills . If you choose a particular one then you can head over to platforms like YouTube in order to acquire them .

2. Social media handling . Nigerians are known for their ability to be able to create strategy as well as create highly engaging post on social media . You can be able to take advantage of this by managing the social media pages of brands or high-profile individuals.