Skilled or brilliant workers?

Ralphjoe

The skilled worker will most definitely outshine the most Educated worker because when it comes to work, the organisation places more importance to what a worker can contribute to the organisation than any self brilliant skills that the worker may have. I will also pick a skilled worker over an Educated worker anytime, any day because they are the ones that can actually boost the output of the company.

Mellorando

Banned
They both are importance in the business environment skilled and brilliant workers are needed to move the business to the next level they both are like two edged sword which of them are used in accomplishing a particular purpose

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to hiring people my first priority in checking is the skills particularly the skills that he learned from work experience. There are brilliant people that can be seen they are smart in the interview but if they have no work experience on the needed skills then it would be a waste of time to hire time. One example is my experience in a software house. We only hire those who know computer programming.

Samuel72

Verified member
It all depends on what department the company want to employ into. If it is a field that requires alot of skills then by all means go for skilled workers but if it requires academic knowledge then go for the ones with the knowledge. It work both ways there shouldn't be a special selection. Though there are some people that have both the skills and educational prowess.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The two works hands in hands together to achieve the goals of a business. For you to be skillful you must first be a brilliant person as your brilliance can only be demonstrated through skills. When you established a company you need both to work for you to achieve the goals for which the company is established.
That's why some level of education is needed to succeed in business. If an entrepreneur isn't brilliant, not knowing how to read and write he or she might find it so hard to earn enough. Unless he or she has a representative that will help take over his position in an interim basis then he'll just stand as oh yes member.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Both of them are all necessary but there are some organisation or business company that requires a skill labour and as a result of this you may not be able to employ someone that may not have a deep understanding about the area of concentration of that organisation, example an hospital may not be able to employ a brilliant without worker over a nurse that is a skill worker.

Briangsam

This is like a two-edged sword. Both sides is sharp. Employing a skilled and educated person should be the goal really. This is because the person will not be deficient in any of the two. There are many people like that. Both the skilled and educated workers have their places in different organizations. So who to employ will depend on what niche who will occupy.

Setfragil

The two works hands in hands together to achieve the goals of a business. For you to be skillful you must first be a brilliant person as your brilliance can only be demonstrated through skills. When you established a company you need both to work for you to achieve the goals for which the company is established.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The skilled worker will most definitely outshine the most Educated worker because when it comes to work, the organisation places more importance to what a worker can contribute to the organisation than any self brilliant skills that the worker may have. I will also pick a skilled worker over an Educated worker anytime, any day because they are the ones that can actually boost the output of the company.
If we look this days most graduates are languishing in the house cos of lack of skills. Companies don't employ liabilities they seek for those that will raise their general productivity. That's why the skilled individuals are on demand. I'm a college student, but I'll tell you that era of only education is fading out.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
At times, the human resource department or even an employer may be faced with some dicey situation where they have to choose between a worker with skill or the one with much academic prowess.
It is not an exaggeration that not all graduate out there are able to practicalize all what they were taught in schools. Whereas we have some people that are drop out or don't really go far in their academic journey but with a lot of skill on their respective fields.
So if an employer is to choose or the human resource department is sourcing for a worker, which category of workers will you advise them to go for and what's the reason for your option? Remember that the category of workers a company decide to go with go in long way in deciding and determining the success of the company.
In my own view, I will put much priority on skills than academic but I will like to view your own position on the topic.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I am always looking forward to reading your comments. However I can see that you dodged the question brilliantly because you don't want to support one over the other. I am in your shoe as well. It will be difficult to choose in such a scenario. But the better option should be skill. This will speak volume in the growth of the business.
Yeah, the world is moving to digital where working smart is what will be needed most to drive huge finance. Not longer working hard like elephant to earn like ant. I prefer skills than education but combining the two is welcome so the knowledge will be broad enough to earn me reasonable amount of income in the future.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Just as you said, education polishes skill. A person that's skillful but lack education may even have his or her skill fading as time goes on. That's why most talented skillful artistes in my country stil go back to school in order to make their skill valuable.
The worth of education can not be undermined but at the same time it can be over-rated. Our forefathers knew the important of skill before education. They were skilled educator. After the 2nd world war women started going to the factory to work because of the shortage of men. According to history the women choose or allowed to work are those from the lower and middle class that are already used to manual work on the field. So you see that skills comes before education.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I believe Education polish skills but in any growing organization skills is looked into before your brilliancy. Sometimes your skills might worth more than your education in the labour market
Just as you said, education polishes skill. A person that's skillful but lack education may even have his or her skill fading as time goes on. That's why most talented skillful artistes in my country stil go back to school in order to make their skill valuable.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Education is important so do skills important also. If you aren't in school, tertiary institutions its better to find an on demand skill learn online or offline to establish yourself so high. Those who go to school might even come work for you and call you boss. Choosing staffs or employees that match my business valuation is just the best.
I am always looking forward to reading your comments. However I can see that you dodged the question brilliantly because you don't want to support one over the other. I am in your shoe as well. It will be difficult to choose in such a scenario. But the better option should be skill. This will speak volume in the growth of the business.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
At times, the human resource department or even an employer may be faced with some dicey situation where they have to choose between a worker with skill or the one with much academic prowess.
It is not an exaggeration that not all graduate out there are able to practicalize all what they were taught in schools. Whereas we have some people that are drop out or don't really go far in their academic journey but with a lot of skill on their respective fields.
So if an employer is to choose or the human resource department is sourcing for a worker, which category of workers will you advise them to go for and what's the reason for your option? Remember that the category of workers a company decide to go with go in long way in deciding and determining the success of the company.
In my own view, I will put much priority on skills than academic but I will like to view your own position on the topic.
As for me I will advice the employers to go for the skillful workers rather than the just brillant alone.
Now adays we have seen many graduate that can not perform what hey have learnt in school. The problem I could see that use to cause this is that many of those student tend to crame or memories what they learnt alone and fail to practicalize it and by the time the get outside the school it become problems for whosoever employed them. Brilliant without being skilled is a failure

Victor001

I know lots of educated fellows who are still finding it hard to fend for themselves, education will take you far but your skills will sustain you, in this generation were unemployment is high, skill is the viable option.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I believe Education polish skills but in any growing organization skills is looked into before your brilliancy. Sometimes your skills might worth more than your education in the labour market

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Education is important so do skills important also. If you aren't in school, tertiary institutions its better to find an on demand skill learn online or offline to establish yourself so high. Those who go to school might even come work for you and call you boss. Choosing staffs or employees that match my business valuation is just the best.