Some differences of Marketing and advertising

Unique23

Creating a marketing plan involves a great deal of time and research, preparing your product for the marketplace. This proposition then acts as a guide, or a mission statement, that helps you develop the marketing strategy.
Marketing companies focus on sales strategies, monitoring consumer behavior through a number of avenues, including surveys and questionnaires, monitoring online behavior and even face-to-face interaction with customers.
Marketing strategy can be broken down into four phases, product, place, price and promotion.
Advertising supports marketing by creating the right exposure for a company's products or services. It generates curiosity in the minds of the target audience, creates buy-in and ultimately works to support the overall marketing plan to convert to sales.
It's really critical to understand how marketing and advertising differ, as well as how they work together, to understand why allocating specific budget for both will successfully bring your product to market.

Wow nice explanation, you have make me to understand the differences because I always believe that marketing is just exactly like advertisement because it has to do with you making your product to be satisfied and exposing it to prospective consumers but from your post I think there is a clear differences between the two of them.

What an enlightened post. Many people do take the two concepts for each other and most times, I do as well. But with your explanation, I have come to realize that there is a great difference between the two concepts just that the two complement each other while promoting business.

There are two different things entirely.Marketing has to do with how you can reach out to customer and letting them know how valuable your goods and services are.Marketing create an avenue for a good relationship between the buyer and seller.While Advertisement is a medium of showcasing your business through media.it can be radio,television,newspaper or Internet using Facebook or Twitter.

Closely studying these two concepts will let people know that one cannot do without the other. They are both intertwined. It will take a great deal before one can try to separate one from the other. While marketing will try to even sell the company, advertisment may only focus on the products.

The concepts of marketing began more popular in Nigeria only recently as people have been more use to advertising and sales promotions. When we look carefully at advertisement, we will realise that advertisement is more general in nature it is not targeted at any special segment of the market. When advertisement is done to create awareness of a particular product or services they make it more public, it could be done on the t.v. or radio or newspapers or any other means available without really putting into considerations the class of people that will have access to it. This is why sometimes after spending a lot of money to push up an advert is still does not provide the desires result and the sales level still does not improve.

This was what really borough about the birth of marketing into the system as marketing actually hit the nail of the head, as it touches the target audience more directly. Hence it becomes more effective because the target audience will be addressed and they will not alone have an awareness but they will be educated on the relevance of the products and services. This method has helped business organizations alot to achieve their target.