Starting a business or getting a job, which is better?

Vinkce

I once had a really good friend who worked with me in the account department at a financial institution. As we got to know each other better I found out that he once owned his own business. I asked him why did he give up the business to work a 9 to 5 for someone else. He said it was because he could work 9 to 5. When he ran his own business, it wasn't so easy to take time off and he worked really long hours. So I suppose the question is not which one is better ~ job or business ~ but rather … are you willing to devote the time required to run a successful business? If the answer is NO, then you should probably get a job.
You have a point there, if your dreams and goals in life is not to run a business then you should get a job and when you have made some money, you can start making investments, those would include businesses. And the good thing about having a business is that: you don't have run the business, you can get some to do that for you, someone trusted.
I once had a really good friend who worked with me in the account department at a financial institution. As we got to know each other better I found out that he once owned his own business. I asked him why did he give up the business to work a 9 to 5 for someone else. He said it was because he could work 9 to 5. When he ran his own business, it wasn't so easy to take time off and he worked really long hours. So I suppose the question is not which one is better ~ job or business ~ but rather … are you willing to devote the time required to run a successful business? If the answer is NO, then you should probably get a job.

Khezo

Getting a job won't make that kind of money you always imagined your self having. I know most people dream of buying luxurious cars and live in a big mansion. If you are to look into the life's of people you are currently living your dream life, then you would notice 90% of them are into business while the remaining 10% are top officials in top multinational companies or government jobs. So business is the real thing all you have to do is try get a reasonable capital to start then every other thing would Falk in place. Peace

Vinkce

Well you are right, in business lies the real deal. If you are employed there is no way you can be richer than your employer. The top richest people in the world are business tycoons. No matter how small it is I prefer running a business to being employed. Although it has its own risks, it is also where the money lies. Besides what is life without risks? Being employed is a risk too, you can be fired anytime. So I will prefer running a business to being employed any day. If you have your own business you have the opportunity to grow and increase your income steadily based on the way you manage it. But if you are employed, you will have to depend on your employer for the same privilege.
Truely, thanks for the more truths that you exposed here.

Kennysplash

Verified member
From observation, most of richest people on get did not get there by employment. The richest man on Earth today is not rich because he has a high paying job. You see, it is true that no organization can offer you a job with a pay that is more than the profit they make on any basis, either monthly or weekly. This means that so long as your major source of income on which you expect to become rich by is a job, you can not be richer than those employed you. It's the bitter truth that one must swallow.

Being a rich man then if the above statements are true would definitely not depend on your job, but something else, something that allows you to be in control of how, what and when you earn money, this is something that you are in charge of. In my opinion, one of the things that would suit such description is a Business.

A lot of people shy away from business because of the risks involved. Not many people are willing to go through the stress of business, but it's actually where the money lies. Most people desire job and financial security, and so they trade owning a business over working as an employee. Well this is not entirely the case for everyone but it's the case for most people. Don't get me wrong be please, if working as an employee is where your strength lies, no problem, it's just that working as employee is not where the real money lies.

Business has its risks while working as employee has it's disadvantage. I spite if this, which would you onsider for be the best? Let me know in comment section below. Thanks for reading.
Well you are right, in business lies the real deal. If you are employed there is no way you can be richer than your employer. The top richest people in the world are business tycoons. No matter how small it is I prefer running a business to being employed. Although it has its own risks, it is also where the money lies. Besides what is life without risks? Being employed is a risk too, you can be fired anytime. So I will prefer running a business to being employed any day. If you have your own business you have the opportunity to grow and increase your income steadily based on the way you manage it. But if you are employed, you will have to depend on your employer for the same privilege.

Jonaville

This is a matter of personal choice. But generally, I will take business over job anytime. There is a saying that 'salary is the bribe they give you to forget your dreams'. In my own opinion, as long as you are being employed, you have never reached your full potential. If it is possible to have a business of your own and create jobs instead of looking for one, they by all means please embrace it.
There is more respect for a business person than a salary earner, and hard as it is to accept, business is far better than a job.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I think that running a business earns you more money than when you depend on employment with its fixed monthly salary. But starting a business can be so hard if you don't come from a rich background where parents will give capital to start the business. So many people start from employment then they save the money until it is enough to start a business. I know one may decide to start the business with loans but that can be really hard. Paying back loans makes it so hard for a business to break even.

cmoneyspinner

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
It truly depends on the nature of individual making the decision both systems of earning income is fantastic. As long as the person involved is very comfortable with it. There are something that we must even try to point here, every individual on earth today is a business person, whether working under someone or whether the person is running his or her personal business, this is because when we look at it closely you will realise that it is either everyone on earth is selling a physical products or selling a services, and same goes for the other way around it is either one is buying a physical products or buying a service. It is obvious that we all want money and money of it for the business man or woman they call it profit, while for the man or woman whom sells or renders services they call it salary or wages. So it is clear by this narration that we are all doing the same thing and that thing is called business, and business simply translate to trade which is buying and selling. As for me i will prefer to always have my personal business where I can control every factors involved.

Yhubee

Well, this will depend on the type of job that you are doing because some jobs pay very well and you get to earn more than the profit you would have gained in starting up your own business.So it strictly depends on the type of job you're doing and the type of business you are starting up.
starting a business comes with a lot of responsibilities and starting a business demands more work than working under somebody (to me that's what I feel) so it takes a lot to start your own business.The responsibilities and risks that come with business, strategies you have to take in order to make more profit in order to earn more, the different strategies you have to take in order to beat other competitors in the same line of your business and then outshine them and make more profit. For me, I'll prefer to work under someone first,learn the pros and cons of what I need to in a business setup and then have enough experience in business and in marketing before I venture into starting my own business. I believe that by that I will get to have enough experience which I will need to make my business better and be successful.

Kendy

Verified member
Between starting a business or getting a job? Both is better and none is superior to the other. I noticed that in most cases, business owners make people who are working or have white collar jobs feel as though they are not taking their destinies in their hands or perhaps they are wasting their talents working under an employer. We need to realize that it is impossible and in fact, detrimental to the economy for everyone under this planet to become business owners. It is totally impossible and unachievable no matter the way you want to see it. Choosing to own a business is a choice and it should not be forced when there is no willingness or motivation because it would only end up in business failure. Choosing also to apply for a job is a preference and there are job owners who are living fine and satisfied with their achievements. There is this stereotype view that when you work as a job candidate, that, "your salary is just a way to make you forget your dream." I do not abide by this perception because you cannot tell me all business owners are wealthy or well to do. This choice is just like a coin, you toss, and which ever you are passionate about, you go for it.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Well obviously you can't speak for everyone , just us all fingers are not equal so is the taste and preference of every human beings are different . Many individuals love to be self-employed they prefer being their own boss rather than living on the Shadow or arms of anyone called an employer just to earn a living . On the other hand majority of people in the world today prefer get a job as an employee working under someone who is an employer just to make a living .

Personally I will prefer to be self-employed , I see myself as someone who doesn't want to leave under the arms or shadow of anyone just to make a living . That is why I am frequently hustling online to sort out ways I can make money . my vision for the future is great and I strongly believe that before the year 2025 I will have my own passive income online money making business . But for the meantime iron money by working on paid to post websites like this one trendri .com , I also work on paid to watch website like watch cruise . Com . many of you may have heard about the website .

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Different strokes for different folks. I have had the opportunity to discuss with people about starting a business and some of them said that they are not interested in starting their own businesses but want to just get a job and that is it.

The truth is that not everybody will be able to start a successful business because some people do not have the mindset to succeed as business people.

There are also some group of persons that are not interested in getting a job but want to create their own business and become their own boss. I also fall into this category of people because I personally don't like getting a job because of the kind of things people I know that have Jobs go through.

One of the main things that makes people to get jobs is because when they are old or retired, they will be paid pensions which people that have businesses is not entitled to.

If you are starting your own business it is very much important your try as much as possible to make it successful because a time will come when your investment will speak for you unlike people that have jobs that could probably get their pensions at old age.