Starting a Cassava Business

funmi

Verified member
Cassava is a farm product. It has many uses, the things that we use cassava for is very much.

All the parts of cassava is very useful. Starting from the back or the peel of cassava is used to feed animals like goats. After peeling, the real cassava itself can be used to make garri, it can be used to make Elubo which Yoruba people eat.
Some people even use cassava to make flour to make bread, some use it to produce starch and in the olden days, I even heard that some people pound cassava like yam to eat like pounded yam.

Due to so many usefulness of cassava, it has become like hot cake for people. Before now, the major things people use cassava to produce is garri and fufu but right now people have been exposed to cassava more than ever before. Now, cassava has become expensive to purchase.
I will also advise people to start planting cassava so as to make it the available and affordable everywhere, by doing so, there won't be food shortage.
More so, this is the right time to start planting cassava because the business is making waves now.
what is your take about this? Let's share ideas. Thanks

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Cassava is one produce here in my locality that almost one is into. It is another lucrative business you can make quick money if you can endure the rigorous process. I think the two outstanding production with is foofoo and garri. And these are two things that everyone will need to buy

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Cassava is one of the most consumed products here in Africa especially in Nigeria because of the high population and if you can go into a commercial cassava business that deal with production and processing of it you can make a lot of money because it is a consumable products.

funmi

Verified member
Cassava is one produce here in my locality that almost one is into. It is another lucrative business you can make quick money if you can endure the rigorous process. I think the two outstanding production with is foofoo and garri. And these are two things that everyone will need to buy
Of course, you are very right. Cassava planting and production is doing well this days. If majority goes into this business, it will reduce the price of things especially foods that are produced with cassava. The price will definitely be OK for everybody.

Cinderella

During my childhood days, I used to see people from the village where I grew up planting cassava. This is also my most favorite root crop. I like it steamed. We also cooked the young leaves with coconut milk and we eat it with steamed rice. However, as we moved to the city, I seldom see and taste cassava anymore.

Lately, I tasted this mouth watering and sweet cassava cake which is really good. We always order this viand whenever we had a meeting or a simple get together.

Because of the growing demand and less people are planting, the price will really go up. It is but a perfect time to start this kind of business.

OlaAdams

well said ma'am. Personally i thing cassava and its parts have been more useful during the olden days as it is in modern time the issue is just that most people are not aware of it. Another ways to look at it is the economical advantage as more countries are now interested in it.
i really don't know how recent but i once heard that cassava is been shipped outside Nigeria to china i exchange with other commodity.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Cassava business is one of the most popular business in my country or will I even say Africa. Cassava can be used to process garri and other food such as fufu and so many of them. Cassava business is lucrative if you will first a good amount of money in buying Land and also buying a lot of cassava sticks.