Starting a T-shirt Business

Mika

VIP Contributor
The good thing about this business is you don't have to be a fashion designer. All you need is graphic designing skills to design T-shirts and then a screen printing machine to print the T-shirts. You can sell online ot offline. By the way, facebook marketplace is also a good platform to sell your products.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can design on Canva and you don't need to use photoshop. But if you have used photoshop and canva at the same time, you will understand what shortcomings are with canva. You cannot edit your canva designs once you finalize it, but if you have used photoshop and have saved the working files, you are edit whenever you want.

D

Deleted member 13140

You barely need a graphic design skills to sell a t shirt.. Trust me I know this, you can just go over over canva, then you buy the Pro version.. they is a section for t shirt designs, go to templates, you'll see hundreds of t shirt designs to choose from, select one and customise as you see fit..

This is easier than buying a design from a graphic designer, that's if you don't have the money to purchase a design

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The mistake many people make when it comes to the sales of clothes is that they priotize online presence to physical store. While it is good to have a website to sell your goods, I believe having a physical store will also go a long way in cementing your business.
If you have a physical store, you can sell to the local people only, however, when you have an online store, you can sell globally. When you are selling online, you are not restricted by geography. Furthermore, you also need to spend more money to manage your physical store (pay rent, for example) compared to your online store.

Jonaville

The mistake many people make when it comes to the sales of clothes is that they priotize online presence to physical store. While it is good to have a website to sell your goods, I believe having a physical store will also go a long way in cementing your business.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I once tried selling T-shirt designs through Etsy, but my business did not succeed. I even spent a lot of money in marketing my store and products, but I did not generate sales. Therefore, I gave up. Of late I have been thinking about selling T-shirts from my website. I am doing market analysis these days.

Carson20t

I think buying from Alibaba some plain t-shirts and then reselling them on other stores like ebay or even my store sounds interesting.The most good thing about t-shirts is that they are fabric and they do not go bad like perishable foods.

The last part of promoting t-shirt designs is as well interesting but need more research and understanding how it actually goes.

Incognitosmoneys

i started business on POD that is a lot of product, not just t-shirts, POD kike Teepublic,teespring,redbubble,, the hard thing is how to drive traffic to our shop,, i chose this POD cause i didn't need to packing and produce that,, all done by the vendor,,
maybe we can share how o drive traffic to our shop my friend,, if you have a trick or tips i want to try it also,, :):cool:

C

Crystalworld02

Do you realize that there is a lot of money to be made from T-shirt Business? You can procure T-shits from marketplaces like Alibaba and Aliexpress and sell through your own store or third party marketplaces like eBay. You can manufacture your own T-shirts by designing your own T-shirts and sell through your own store or online marketplaces. Instead of T-shirt, you can also try selling your T-shirt designs and make money.

Are you interested in this business line? If your answer is yes, here are some tips that can help you get started with T-shirt business.

How to get started with T-shirt business?

If you have graphic designing skills, you can create designs for the T-shirt. You can then buy plain T-shirts and print these T-shirts with your designs. Once the T-shirts are ready, you can sell from your on location shop, online shop, or marketplaces like ebay, zazzle, Etsy, etc.

If you do not have graphic designing skills, you can buy designs from design marketplaces or hire a T-shirt designer. You can then print T-shirts with these designs and sell T-shirts.

Things you need for your T-shirt business

You need designing software (if you are designing by yourself), you need a printing machine, and you need plain T-shirts.
This Kind of bussiness is good but you must also consider the strategies for marketing such commodity. Using platforms like AliExpress, jiji are also very good but machinery and man input must also be considered

Good luck

Verified member
This is a very lucrative business to invest on.people like putting on something simple especially when the weather is warm.t shirt business is even more profitable when it is even customised.it makes it more beautiful and fashionable.It is a business that one can even get a loan to start it and one will still make a good profit or gain from it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Do you realize that there is a lot of money to be made from T-shirt Business? You can procure T-shits from marketplaces like Alibaba and Aliexpress and sell through your own store or third party marketplaces like eBay. You can manufacture your own T-shirts by designing your own T-shirts and sell through your own store or online marketplaces. Instead of T-shirt, you can also try selling your T-shirt designs and make money.

Are you interested in this business line? If your answer is yes, here are some tips that can help you get started with T-shirt business.

How to get started with T-shirt business?

If you have graphic designing skills, you can create designs for the T-shirt. You can then buy plain T-shirts and print these T-shirts with your designs. Once the T-shirts are ready, you can sell from your on location shop, online shop, or marketplaces like ebay, zazzle, Etsy, etc.

If you do not have graphic designing skills, you can buy designs from design marketplaces or hire a T-shirt designer. You can then print T-shirts with these designs and sell T-shirts.

Things you need for your T-shirt business

You need designing software (if you are designing by yourself), you need a printing machine, and you need plain T-shirts.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
You have a point, t-shirt business is great, because everyone wants to be seen fashionable these days, if you know how to select the trending clothes then you won’t have to have the stuffs for long before you sell them. The most marketable ones are the male type. Usually easy to sell because boys don’t really bargain for long unlike girls

PratikShah

T-shirts are fashionable and have been many people's first option for enhancing their appearance. These t-shirts are trendy, and they're also utilised by businesses to promote themselves.

You'll need a variety of printers and accessories to start a t-shirt business, including printers, computers, graphics programmes, t-shirt design software, and more. You may read more about it here. Starting An Online T-Shirt Printing Business: A Step-by-Step Guide.

D

Deleted member 28127

Most of people starts in first time by a small shop or even they are selling in their house. After this period of time they may run their instagram or facebook page for sale. After many sales they may order a prestashop website and starts making sales on their websites. So every thing starts from scratch then grow up gradually.

Mika

VIP Contributor
T-shirts can be worn by any gender, any age group. You can manufacture T-shirt for a six-month child as well as 60 years old gentleman, you can manufacture T-shirts for a girl or a woman. That's why there is a great opportunity in manufacturing T-shirts and selling T-shirts. T-shirt printing business is one of the low cost businesses that anyone can do.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is one of the lucrative business ideas that one can think of. The way young couples and even old couples go long ways in making t shirt in order to either celebrate their loves or even birthday. But the best way to make this done is by advertising on social media where all these designs can be easily exhibited.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, as much fashion is concerned people must look good, and the secrete of looking good boils down to wearing good clothes. When one isn't putting on good looking clothes it doesn't show neatness and such person looks inferior. I take my time to order online and most of the things i order is mostly on clothing. So it gonna be profitable enough for you to start it up via those sites you listed.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like this business although I am not good in designing. Our former neighbor had a t-shirt business connected to his school. The product is approved by the school so the students would buy the t-shirt. It was like picking shells by the sea shore that he was having a hundred order per day. But the t-shirt should always be directly related to the school, I mean the design.