Staying healthy during retirement .

Josemendez

Verified member
Every employee of any company and Institution will surely retire one day , and he has to face a different new lifestyle .

Thus , there is need for employees to prepare for life after retirement. They need to plan the way they will live in order to be able to take care of their psychological and health needs.

Some retiree normally prefer to remain idle after retirement . This is not a good practice ,as idleness can lead to depression ,and the lack of exercise that accompanies it , can lead to health challenges.

It is then idle for retiree to engage in less stressful jobs/ work which will take away the depression that comes with idleness.
The work might just be the supervision work ,where they will only monitor sales of their business .

There should be regular check-up as we all know that , retiree are quite aged people . Regular soft exercise can be very helpful to them as well.

The pension they receive and the money they make from their little business should be able to take care of them.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have retired 3 years ago and my occupation now is working online just so I wouldn't be idle. Oh, the hardest thing to do is nothing to do so I decided to work online while my plans are not in reality yet. My pension is just fine, not big but not small. It is fortunate that I also have some savings in the bank so I cannot consider myself poor and needy. But the best thing is that my wife is still working and has a substantial salary that takes care of all our expenses. I don't feel myself to be a retired man to sit in the rocking chair all day. Enjoying life is my motto so I am always active as much as I can.

Nocturnal Writer

I am a government employee retiree. I have already 4 years ago as an elementary public school principal.

My retirement proceeds were used by me to buy a piece of residential lot. I did it for I don't have a land for my own house. I was just renting it. And some of it I used to buy a family service van. And the rest of the remaining money was kept for future use.

I didn't invest it to any business venture.

Samuel72

Verified member
Yes of course I see this as a good idea for every retiree to engage himself with any mini jobs like supervising job but also a retired individual can stay at home and engage himself with exercise to keep him physically fit, because not everyone will like the idea of getting another job after retirement some prefer spending good time with their families.

Mellorando

Banned
This is true because you have to stay healthy so I'm so enjoying your retirement money you don't want to spend your retirement money on buying drugs and going to the hospital for health issues so you have to endeavour to stay healthy during retirement times