Staying indoors or moving out to do business, which one is suiting on you??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We know the challenges posed by covid19, that have made many people stay at home and running an online business. Due to restriction of things, people now prefer to advertise online, sell products online, and earning a living through it. My business isn't a moving out type, its the one i stay indoors to manage and earn a daily profit from it. Apart from the offline indoors business, i prefer staying indoors and work online. Since covid19 started, i can count how many times I've move out. Some people prefer the moving out business to earn a living even during the covid19 era. Not every one can stay indoors and work online to earn a living. Everyone has a career to fulfil, and we must not all choose one field to survive, their should be surplus options to earn from, both online and offline.

Can you share your opinion about your preferred choice? And why you choose it over the other?

IamDozzy

I prefer to work from the comfort of my house (indoors) because it is stress free and very comfortable. Out door jobs always puts my health at risk especially those of us that resides in Lagos, Nigeria. In Lagos, outdoor business people seeking to catch one appointment or the other always have to wake up at least by 3am and leave their home latest 5am in order to beat traffic. Doing this, they don't get keep to the minimum required hours for sleeping which is 6 hours . They also get home late some might even get home as late as 12am. But outdoor businesses has its advantages though but I personally prefer indoor businesses.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I prefer to work from the comfort of my house (indoors) because it is stress free and very comfortable. Out door jobs always puts my health at risk especially those of us that resides in Lagos, Nigeria. In Lagos, outdoor business people seeking to catch one appointment or the other always have to wake up at least by 3am and leave their home latest 5am in order to beat traffic. Doing this, they don't get keep to the minimum required hours for sleeping which is 6 hours . They also get home late some might even get home as late as 12am. But outdoor businesses has its advantages though but I personally prefer indoor businesses.
With what you said about outdoor type of business I see it as stressful. If i gonna wake up as early as 3am to move out as early as 5am to beat traffic and comeback very late or early in the morning at 12am is not worth it for me. I understand the hassle there, some still prefer the outdoors type cos they don't understand how the indoor business functions. Everyone must not follow one part we are have different path we follow to make money in life. My two preferred business choice is both indoors, I cherish indoor type of business than the outdoors type.

Jonaville

Well, both indoor and outdoor works have their own advantages and disadvantages. But when posed the question, many people will say they prefer working indoors. I don't blame them though, waking up early to commute to work seems daunting after the lockdown. For me, I can't really say. Any type of work that brings in the desired income is fine with me, whether indoors or outdoors.
That said people should also consider that sitting at home and working non-stop for hours can be tiring and boring too. It offers lack of social life, so take that into consideration too.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
With what you said about outdoor type of business I see it as stressful. If i gonna wake up as early as 3am to move out as early as 5am to beat traffic and comeback very late or early in the morning at 12am is not worth it for me. I understand the hassle there, some still prefer the outdoors type cos they don't understand how the indoor business functions. Everyone must not follow one part we are have different path we follow to make money in life. My two preferred business choice is both indoors, I cherish indoor type of business than the outdoors type.
Well, both indoor and outdoor works have their own advantages and disadvantages. But when posed the question, many people will say they prefer working indoors. I don't blame them though, waking up early to commute to work seems daunting after the lockdown. For me, I can't really say. Any type of work that brings in the desired income is fine with me, whether indoors or outdoors.
That said people should also consider that sitting at home and working non-stop for hours can be tiring and boring too. It offers lack of social life, so take that into consideration too.
You made your points clear, working steady indoors limit social life, I know too well about that. But who cares, i don't care about social life. As long as i earn reasonably online and my offline indoor business, I will stick to it. Moving out to talk or communicate with people when I have nothing to earn from it won't make me happy. I stay closer to things that will make me earn for life and not discussing with people that will abuse me when i didn't have this money.

Jonaville

You made your points clear, working steady indoors limit social life, I know too well about that. But who cares, i don't care about social life. As long as i earn reasonably online and my offline indoor business, I will stick to it. Moving out to talk or communicate with people when I have nothing to earn from it won't make me happy. I stay closer to things that will make me earn for life and not discussing with people that will abuse me when i redidn't have this money.
Oh well, every mallam with his own kettle. What is desirable for one person might not be for another. Like i said, the sole purpose of all these is to make money, so whether it comes from indoor or outdoor activities matters little.
As long as our means of income is legit, we move on. No time for irrelevant things like chitchat or mingle with people who won't add value to one's life. But apart from online job, what offline indoor business actually exist that one can venture into? I have thought about it but couldn't come up with a credible answer.

Olajidey

Nowadays we did not want any stress for our self even if it making money we don't want it to be stressful so many of us prefer to work at the comfort of our home and be making money steadily without stress. so times moving out to do business have the disadvantage one of it is accident most patient you see in the hospital are the result of a road accident, apart that in the hot weather you will be drained before you get back home.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Oh well, every mallam with his own kettle. What is desirable for one person might not be for another. Like i said, the sole purpose of all these is to make money, so whether it comes from indoor or outdoor activities matters little.
As long as our means of income is legit, we move on. No time for irrelevant things like chitchat or mingle with people who won't add value to one's life. But apart from online job, what offline indoor business actually exist that one can venture into? I have thought about it but couldn't come up with a credible answer.
At the moment, I don't think their is any offline job that can pay one meaningfully here in our country. Unless you got the connection for the job, you have people that can attach you in any of the position that is good by you. Apart from that, i don't think one without such connection here in Nigeria will just move along and secure nice paying offline job. I prefer working online this days cos of the surplus gigs online to work for and earn. I don't have time to share discussion with any one offline when I'm not earning through it.